For all of you wanting a strike

fuzzymoomoo

You are so correct, caustic. They all were once in house jobs that were let go along with the job classifications and rates of pay. At CAP these jobs are being preformed by 3rd tiered members already. These are members that the regional serving rep negotiated their contract? No unit structure in the local other than paying dues. Oh and possibly a name reference in the old by-laws, which has changed over the last year or so.

Yes it`s in an article released a day or two ago. The IUAW is and I quote "open to the "new" tier of jobs" and yes they are the sorters, cleaners, sub assembly, house painters and MP&L. See any open ends or gray area that would open the door for which "what sub assembly" or what "MP&L"....?

Your theory makes since and it also was in place, in house. Cleaners and House Painters made less per hour but had the benefit of a free effort operation, less demanding on the older bodies and higher seniority members.

Decker

Any jobs that the company considers sub assembly is going to be tier 3 you watch, kitty area jobs, stamping, high low driver's. And for those who say no it'll never happen, just watch

Just so we are perfectly clear bigpish here is a post after reading thru the 2011 tentative agreement. Copy and pasted from the other site I was talking about, no fear mongering just the language please.

liqudspine

UAW Moderator

Full Time Driver

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online) Re: Ford tentative contract 2011

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 12:34:32 pm » Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove Split TopicSplit Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal opinion on the tentative agreement is the good out weighs the bad, at least over issues I can relate too. I do not understand all the trades language because simply put I am not trades nor have i really studied their agreements.

When you look at the employment numbers in this country and the fact we are in-sourcing products from other countries it really should be a no brain-er. My feelings on past mods has been well known on this site.

As I have stated on BON i wanted 3 main things this contract;

1. Good product commitments- while I know these are subject to market conditions and even as recent as the 2007 agreement some plants did not receive there commitments, the bottom line is without these we have nothing holding the company to keep investing in our plants which keep us working.

The fact that AAI will be saved from closure with the Fusion being in-sourced from Mexico is huge in my opinion, 60k - 90k units of Mustang sales would have surely sealed that plants fate if they do not get this product there.

I do not yet how the in-sourcing of the medium duty will impact OHAP, I am under the assumption that will keep current employment levels at that plant as well.

While some of the commitments are re-commitments I strongly believe Ford is on the right track and the commitments in this contract should for the most part be realized, we should not forget all the commitments in the Octomods were realized that went to ACH plants however all the others have not.

So for contract issue 1. i believe the negotiators exceeded my expectations.

2. Improve Entry Level- with a modest raise Bob King has fulfilled his this concern of mine after the 2007 contract, considering he was able to get this at the 2 departments that could have faced arbitration over this even being entertained is a huge gain in my opinion.

Let me be clear I hate entry level to begin with however we allowed it in 2007, now we need to ensure we get those workers on par with us sooner rather than later. If we do not in the near future we risk being pulled down to their level if we do not raise there standards before they become the majority.

Modest gain but a step in the right direction.

3. SUB/ TAP improvements- with the same amount of weeks as we had for 2 years I was disappointed not to at the very least see these credit weeks doubled. This is our only protection against market conditions that are unfavorable.

That's my top 3 priorities coming into this contract year, seeing that 2 of the top 3 goals were meet or exceeded is why I voted yes.

The biggest let down in my opinion was no gains for retirees what so ever is disappointing to say the least, that being said I still believe overall the good out weighs the bad.

Tier 3 would be those who did part sequencing jobs such as kitty area jobs and sub assembly (parts and stamping plants) from what I read...

I worked at one of these places before the plant. Most of those jobs where easy but a few were as hard on your body as being on the production line.

Ford took quite a bit from us and pulled it in house and is currently on the production line. So I don't think some of those can be called subassembly even though they might label it as such eventually.

I have no problem if Ford and UAW make all parts plants 2 tier since it is warehouse work. Most warehouse workers make less than $15.00 an hour around the country. With that said, no UAW jobs should pay less than $20.00 hr. People have to make a wage they can live off and support their families. I don' t want to see our jobs in assembly plants lowered to 2 tier pay. Just my opinion.

Edited by fmco76
  • Like 1