FCA Details

caustic

If you look at the highlights bulletin it shows pretty clear the wage progression..the news story is wrong about needing 6 years seniority to get 25hr

You could have 6 years and not hit 25 an hour, so they are wrong, you need more.

Edited by caustic

Big Deal. I see what you mean, Just plain as rain. Here's the wording.

Second tier workers ( Those hired after 2007) WITH 6 YRS SERVICE. Will recieve incremental raises that take them to $25.35 an hour. The new starting wage for new hires and those with less than 1 yr service will go from $15.78 to $22 an hr.

What I don't understand is when do those makeing 15.78 to 22 actually go up to 25.

Guessing it's incrementaly after you get 6 yrs in.

So it looks like tier 2 get annual raises until they reach $22 and then annual raises till they reach $25.

Seems like that could take a while. And it doesn't look like much of a raise to start with.

Big Deal. I see what you mean, Just plain as rain. Here's the wording.

Second tier workers ( Those hired after 2007) WITH 6 YRS SERVICE. Will recieve incremental raises that take them to $25.35 an hour. The new starting wage for new hires and those with less than 1 yr service will go from $15.78 to $22 an hr.

What I don't understand is when do those makeing 15.78 to 22 actually go up to 25.

Guessing it's incrementaly after you get 6 yrs in.

So it looks like tier 2 get annual raises until they reach $22 and then annual raises till they reach $25.

Seems like that could take a while. And it doesn't look like much of a raise to start with.

Ok nite this is how I see it.

Let's say you have almost 1 year in, your anniversary date is September 28th and the contract is ratified on the same date giving you 1 full year of service but puts you into that 1 but less than 2 catagorey so at ratification you are at 1 year which puts you at 18.00.

Over the life of the contract from 18.00 you max out at 23.00 which isn't 25. At this pint new contract and you are four years later unsure of where the hell you'll wind up...again.

Let's say you had 2 years of service(use the same anniversary date and ratification date as above. So youbare in the 2 but less than three so after a four year contract(year 6 of service) you are at 24, which with 6 years you are not topped out and again are waiting on the next contract to find out when you top out.

If you hired in after ratification it would still take 7 years to hit 25. So almost two full contracts is your answer.

So for shits and giggles let's say next contract the max of the current goes from 25.35 to 27.25. we will use the same years of service tree. So after 1 more year(year 7 of service you would be at 27.25. So basically 7 years to reach top pay even if you had 2 years time in already.

Much less than my awful guesstimation of 12 from earlier.

It's honesty enough to not be angry about but it isn't enough to make me smile, kind of left neutral about it to be honest. Most guys I work with told me they got whatever the max was for the contract they were in adter 3 years, then dolloar amounts moved from there but once they hit top pay they moved with everyone else.

So they are more than doubling the cycle of top out then if I informed correctly of 3 years to max out.

Edited by caustic

B4 this contract there were 2 different tiers, now there's 3 tiers and now tier 2s can get a bigger profit sharing check than tier 1. Thanks IUAW for creating even more animosity amongst the workers..

It isn't three tiers.

Still two tiers with a higher wage cap and longer grown in period.