Automatic climate control/External temperature gauge

Once in a while, I notice that the external Temperature gauge on my SHO isn't reading "properly". It happens only when the temperature is warm out. Here is an example of what happened the last time...I left for work about 7AM and it was only 59 degrees out and when I got into work, that was the last recorded temperature it had. I went out for lunch...drove about 2 miles to the local BK and I noticed the temp never changed, when it was about 80 at time. I left work a couple hours later and the air temp was about 85 now and the inside of the car was broiling, but the temp was still only reading 59! I had to manually set the AC since the car thought it was only 59 so I didn't sweat to death. I drove the car a bit longer and the temperature started registering after the car was running for about 10 minutes or so...went from 59 to 69 to 75 before stopping at 87 in about 5-10 second period.

Has anyone else experienced something like this with their Ford?

There is an issue with communication of the HVAC module- there is a service message about it. Since the ambient air temp sensor is an INPUT to the PCM and sent to the HVAC and APIM via communication networks, it may be a comm issue, or it may be a sensor issue. Throwing parts at it will only cost you money.