big posting at KTP

manzov22

Laid off.

You know that no matter what replaces the Focus/C-Max there, I seriously doubt they will launch on 2 shifts. I have the lowest seniority in that plant now, and I really don't think in 3 years, I would be able to escape the second shift being cut.

I suggest that you look at the adds that keep popping up on the Detroit Free Press, 9-11000 a month for 3-4 hours a day working at home No travel, no tiered workplace, they are hiring. Several adds every day. I would have applied but can't stand the smell of money.

An electrical engineer doesn't fix copiers. Go ahead and link some job posting here to prove your point. I'll be waiting.

Why didn't you leave for a better job 20 years ago? You've always had one of the best jobs around and you know it.

I'm sure you recall me saying I took a small pay cut to come here because I knew Id be getting a raise this contract.

I can't believe I have to justify my point to this dweeb, but you are correct about an electrical engineer not repairing copiers. That would actually be done by a low level electronic engineer. My point was that with all fields of work, there is a range of compensation. Depending on the company that you work for, that range could be a difference of $50k or more. So, I stand by the point I was trying to make that some electrical engineers make more than we do and some make less. Same goes for electronic engineers. Your statement that says there are no better paying jobs out there is just plain ridiculous. Especially if you carry the credentials of an electrical/electronic engineer.

I started working with Ford when I was 35 yrs. old. For 10 years prior to that, I was a mid level electronic engineer with a small medical information company and made $32k(2nd highest in my division) in my last full year before being laid off in 1992 because the size of the company I worked for could not compete with the large corporations that could do the same work for less. Six months after I got laid off, the entire hardware division was dismantled and they made their money strictly on software support. In the decade I worked as an electronic engineer, copier techs made as low as $17k / year and an electronic engineer working at microsoft, IBM, or any one of the other large corporations was making $75k/year. So.....my first year at Ford I think I made about $40k and was not even at full pay/benefits yet. The reason I decided to stay at Ford 20 years ago and not pursue a career in the electronic engineering field was I made better $$$ immediately, I didn't have to deal with customers or the public, I didn't have to wear nice slacks/shirt/tie to work, and my chances of landing a job with a company that paid electronic engineers decent money was slim because in the 90's, that field was saturated by the electronics boom of the 80's and I admit that although I was good at what I did, I could not compete for the higher paying jobs. Before my electronics career, I worked as a production welder at a small weld shop in Detroit and made $6 per hour. Before that, I was in the Navy. So....your comment that I have always had "one of the best jobs around" is about as wrong as you can get. More accurate wording would be that after all the work experience I have gained in my working life, "I now have one of the best jobs around" (for me, not everyone).....and I know it. And in 4 years I will retire with a pension and an excellent savings in my TESPHE. Not the pathetic 6% match (I admit I do not know if this is correct, but is close) they give you and that is only if you can afford to contribute to TESPHE, which for most family people making tier2 wages cannot.

Please stop with your ignorant, know-it-all blanket statements. There are many ignorant things posted on this website, but have you ever, and I mean ever, noticed someone else be criticized as much as you in this forum? This reply is not meant to demean you or embarrass you, but to bring to your attention your youthful inexperience and ignorance. As you mature, you will see there is always more than what meets the eye and everyone's situation in life is different. Tolerance and understanding grasshopper.

Peace

Edited by RougeWelder
  • Like 3

You give this union a bad name. How can you be a union member and justify that you should make more money than someone doing the same job? You need to research and study what a union represents.

Dude.....do you really think tier 1 employee's came up with this second tier crap and forced Ford to enforce it???? You should do some research and study that your union and your employer came up with this and tier 1 people gave the OK in good faith to save our company from bankruptcy and ask for a bailout. We all thought, and were told, that the concessions we gave would be given back once Ford was back on their feet and the economy rebounded. It was Ford that kept all our concessions in place after the rebound because our union did not put the proper language in place to reward our sacrifice when good times returned.

It is you, sir, that is responsible for someone making less for doing the same job because you accepted those terms. How could YOU be a union member and justify that you should divide our union into a 2 tier pay scale?

Edited by RougeWelder