I should have known not to buy the first year.

sullynd

I've had my 2015 Edge since July. It replaced my 2003 Ford Escape that was super reliable until it hit over 160k miles. I now have nearly 9k miles on the Edge.

I'd love to report its flawless. I love the car. It's a fully loaded V6 AWD Titanium. Until today the issues have been nuisance. MFT sucks. But it's not aweful. Every day there seems to be a new rattle in the cabin. There's a half dozen between the dash and headliner. I plan to have them look at it on its next service, but a service guy tearing apart the interior gives me pause. All those are relatively minor.

This evening, as my son and I pulled in our driveway it stalled. No warning, no noise, just no power and "Full Accessory Power Active" on the dash. Fortunately I was in the driveway, and not the highway. Googling turns up I'm not the only person with this. Now it has me freaked out. I bought the car as I no longer trusted the Escape with my wife and son in it. Now I feel the same about my (nearly brand new) Edge.

This sucks.