No Buyouts at NAP

"Swami"

Why would FORD MO CO need to offer buyout packages at NAP when they have effectively cleared the books of you by idling the plant ?? NAP will run a skeleton 1 shift crew with many down weeks up until next Sept. UAW Contract negotiations. The buyouts will be a distant memory if they can hold on until then. It has been determined that it will be cheaper to pay the GEN/SUB until Sept. At NAP everyone by now realizes that their doomed fate is sealed, do you think for 1 minute that FORD is going to buyout 2400 employees that will inevitably sign up for a buyout ??? Please folks, don't get you're hopes up. Use common sense.

"Swami"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't listen to this fool,he doesn't shit there will be buyouts for everyone.It's cheaper to give buyouts then too pay you sub/gen medical ect. Part of free trade agreemants give credits dollar for dollar for buyouts,when jobs are created over seas as a protection to workforce in united states.nafta ,pan am free trade agreemants and all other free trade partners. These protections were slipped in thanks to democrats preferably (MR Bill Clinton)when agreemants were past so see its cheaper to give you money just to get off the books

rocky

Don't listen to this fool,he doesn't shit there will be buyouts for everyone.It's cheaper to give buyouts then too pay you sub/gen medical ect. Part of free trade agreemants give credits dollar for dollar for buyouts,when jobs are created over seas as a protection to workforce in united states.nafta ,pan am free trade agreemants and all other free trade partners. These protections were slipped in thanks to democrats preferably (MR Bill Clinton)when agreemants were past so see its cheaper to give you money just to get off the books

rocky

Mr Rocky, I am not a fool. I have an opinion, does it make sense to you for FORD to offer 2400 packages ?Come on, get real.

"Swami"

Edited by "Swami"

Why would FORD MO CO need to offer buyout packages at NAP when they have effectively cleared the books of you by idling the plant ?? NAP will run a skeleton 1 shift crew with many down weeks up until next Sept. UAW Contract negotiations. The buyouts will be a distant memory if they can hold on until then. It has been determined that it will be cheaper to pay the GEN/SUB until Sept. At NAP everyone by now realizes that their doomed fate is sealed, do you think for 1 minute that FORD is going to buyout 2400 employees that will inevitably sign up for a buyout ??? Please folks, don't get you're hopes up. Use common sense.

"Swami"

I normally don't waste my time with heartless idiots like you, but now you're purposely trying to hurt people. The buyouts are not contractual. On GEN/SUB, the company still has to pay benefits. Crawl back under your rock, loser.

:slap:

Instead of responding to this type of inflammatory rhetoric why dont we all

at NAP just calm down,and be patient just a little while longer. They are meeting today

to discuss buyouts companywide, then the FOMOCO board is meeting in just 2 weeks

for the approvals on the accelerated plan. Others have already posted that

according to several people familiar with the plan it DOES include companywide buyouts.

They know what they have to do now, it is not a mystery, everybody is expecting them to do it and FOMOCO knows that they will be punished if they dont step up and follow through.

We have all been waiting for some clear news on our respective futures since Easter !

C'mon guys....just hang in there and wait just a little while longer and then we will know

what we have to do. Dont make any rash decisions when we are so close now.

You have a nice 3 day weekend coming up, then just 4 more days at work, then we will know.

Take it 1 step at a time and ignore those on this board who enjoy puffing themselves up

as some sort of insider when the truth is the only ones that really know are those

in the glass house and we will hear from them in 2 weeks.

So say a prayer, and just try to be patient, make your plans, gather your information, prepare, then

just wait a little while longer....

Hang in there guys at NAP....we KNOW what is coming....just wait for the inenvitable...it wont be long now.

CUT THAT CHECK !!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Edited by F150MANBDV

I normally don't waste my time with heartless idiots like you, but now you're purposely trying to hurt people. The buyouts are not contractual. On GEN/SUB, the company still has to pay benefits. Crawl back under your rock, loser.

:slap:

and they will pay benefits up until next Sept. I am not trying to hurt people, just trying to prepare for the worst, it just ain't gonna happen. FORD will be ruthless. Do you think FORD will be sympathetic to you're situation ??? Is that why they will offer buyouts ???

at NAP just calm down,and be patient just a little while longer. They are meeting today

to discuss buyouts companywide, then the FOMOCO board is meeting in just 2 weeks

according to several people familiar with the plan it DOES include companywide buyouts.

They know what they have to do now, it is not a mystery, everybody is expecting them to do it and FOMOCO knows that they will be punished if they dont step up and follow through.

We have all been waiting for some clear news on our respective futures since Easter !

C'mon guys....just hang in there and wait just a little while longer and then we will know

You have a nice 3 day weekend coming up, then just 4 more days at work, then we will know.

Take it 1 step at a time and ignore those on this board who enjoy puffing themselves up

as some sort of insider when the truth is the only ones that really know are those

So say a prayer, and just try to be patient, make your plans, gather your information, prepare, then

Hang in there guys at NAP....we KNOW what is coming....just wait for the inenvitable...it wont be long now.

You're Union stooges are meeting,,,,,,,,, FORD has nothing to do with this meeting !!!!! Sorry, no cash on the way out at NAP, just 1 shift and more down weeks all the way to Sept. 07

Edited by "Swami"

and they will pay benefits up until next Sept. I am not trying to hurt people, just trying to prepare for the worst, it just ain't gonna happen. FORD will be ruthless. Do you think FORD will be sympathetic to you're situation ??? Is that why they will offer buyouts ???

swami, i am not from NAP..but i would like to make a little wager with you. lets each put $100 into a paypal account, winner take all...if NAP gets buyouts, the $$ is mine. if not, the $$ is yours.

swami, i am not from NAP..but i would like to make a little wager with you. lets each put $100 into a paypal account, winner take all...if NAP gets buyouts, the $$ is mine. if not, the $$ is yours.

man, I hope you are correct. Can I play you golf for the $100 instead of the buyout wager ???

You're Union stooges are meeting FORD has nothing to do with this meeting !!!!! Sorry, no cash on the way out at NAP, just 1 shift and more down weeks all the way to Sept. 07

I work at the Glass House you speak of, with NAP fate sealed don't you believe that all 2400 employees would sign up for a buyout ??? FORD ain't gonna give out that much cash. Will pay you a little at a time up until Sept. 07.

I'm one of the many that will lose there job when NAP closes with NO buyout, I'm contracted by Ford, not a UAW worker. I never understood the folks on here dying to have NAP close ASAP and expecting a buyout in the process. No company will pay it's employees $140K out of the kindness of it's heart. I was optimistic for a long time that Ford and the US auto industry would turn around, but what really woke me up was the 4th quarter production cuts. Boys, that is huge, shows just how mismanaged Ford is, how far off the folks running that company have been. Best of luck but I would certainly be making other arrangements, many don't see the odds in your favor.

Edited by Leo

Ask the "Wizard" he works up here with me, he'll tell you the same thing !!!!

I'm one of the many that will lose there job when NAP closes with NO buyout, I'm contracted by Ford, not a UAW worker. No company will pay it's employees $140K out of the kindness of it's heart. I was optimistic for a long time that Ford and the US auto industry would turn around, but what really woke me up was the 4th quarter production cuts. Boys, that is huge, shows just how mismanaged Ford is, how far off the folks running that company have been. Best of luck but I would certainly be making other arrangements, many don't see the odds in your favor.

Sad to say, so many negative events happening at the same time. I believe in my heart if gas prices wouldn't have gotten so out of hand we might have been ok for awhile. But now we have the housing / construction market in the shitter, interest rates climbing, consumer leveraged to the hilt, home prices declining, TOYOTA with no legacy costs. Kinda a perfect storm. Best of luck to you

"Swami"

SLAP was/is a closing plant and they were offered buyouts and transfers

"Swami"

Swami, we're all pulling for you to be WRONG.........

Swami, we're all pulling for you to be WRONG.........

I wondered when you would throw you're 2 cents in the mix. jshep in you're heart of hearts do think FORD has any viable reason to offer 2400 people free money ???

F150 I'm a man of the cloth but I got news for ya, a prayer will not help in this instance !!!

I wondered when you would throw you're 2 cents in the mix. jshep in you're heart of hearts do think FORD has any viable reason to offer 2400 people free money ???

F150 I'm a man of the cloth but I got news for ya, a prayer will not help in this instance !!!

If you ARE a man of the cloth as you say then you know that NO prayer is a waste of time and that

with God, all things ARE POSSIBLE.....or did you forget that ?

This has nothing to do with "free money" or having a "kind heart"...this will be a purely business

decision. NOT everybody at NAP would take the $100k cash buyout ( Im not assuming the $140k ), many

would opt for the education option, some close to retirement or more than 30 years would just take

that option. Anyway you cut it Ford would be saving alot of money buy making a short term "investment"

of offering buyouts. That is the WHOLE IDEA here folks, buyout a labor contract to save a much larger

amount down the road on long term legacy costs. GM proved that to the world and was rewarded by Wall St for doing so. You

really dont think Ford saw that and are now realizing they should do the same thing for the benefit

of the shareholders and the long term fiscal health of the company ?

It has nothing to do about "caring for us" or being "kind hearted"....its purely business and its the smart move

in the long run and they know that.

Again, instead of all the rumors, speculation, and angst, I ask that EVERYBODY at NAP to just hold on for a few more

weeks until the board of directors makes its decisions on approvals.

Unless you sit on that Board of Directors, I dont care if you work in the glass house....you dont know unless

you are sitting in that room when they vote.

I will continue to pray that God will make a way for all of us at NAP and our families to come through these

difficult times and if it His will that we will indeed ALL be offered timely buyouts that will allow us all to move on

with our lives.

Remember, if it His will...IT WILL HAPPEN....we all need to have a little faith now !

Just hang in there guys, enjoy your Labor Day weekend with your families and be patient, we will

all know the facts, not rumors, soon enough.

Edited by F150MANBDV

SLAP was/is a closing plant and they were offered buyouts and transfers

yes because they were scheduled as 1 of the 1st plants to shut down. NAP was supposed to be open till 08 giving FORD time to dodge the current labor agreement.

If you ARE a man of the cloth as you say then you know that NO prayer is a waste of time and that

good point, thank's for the refresher !!!!!!

This has nothing to do with "free money" or having a "kind heart"...this will be a purely business

decision. NOT everybody at NAP would take the $100k cash buyout ( Im not assuming the $140k ), many

would opt for the education option, some close to retirement or more than 30 years would just take

that option. Anyway you cut it Ford would be saving alot of money buy making a short term "investment"

of offering buyouts. That is the WHOLE IDEA here folks, buyout a labor contract to save a much larger

amount down the road on long term legacy costs. GM proved that to the world and was rewarded by Wall St for doing so.

Investment...exactly. According to GM the investment was 3.8 billion for the buyouts that will save them 8 BILLION by the end of this year. That's the reason for the buyouts. If Ford is too stupid to make it work as GM did, then they have the talent of Mr. "glass house-man-of-the-cloth" BSer and deserve to fold up.

:titanic:

Investment...exactly. According to GM the investment was 3.8 billion for the buyouts that will save them 8 BILLION by the end of this year. That's the reason for the buyouts. If Ford is too stupid to make it work as GM did, then they have the talent of Mr. "glass house-man-of-the-cloth" BSer and deserve to fold up.

:titanic:

Was that very nice ??

I believe we would have a consensus to how smart FORD is in the glass house

Edited by "Swami"

Was that very nice ??

I believe we would have a consensus to how smart FORD is in the glass house

Excuse me...the first post of this thread wasn't very nice along with quite a few of your other ones.

...You did mention that YOU work in the glass house...what does THAT tell us??? 'Nuff said...

Excuse me...the first post of this thread wasn't very nice along with quite a few of your other ones.

...You did mention that YOU work in the glass house...what does THAT tell us??? 'Nuff said...

what was not nice about it ??? it is the truth and not some fantasy about getting a boatload of cash.

Someone please answer this next question with a little thought and give an intelligent answer

"Do you think NAP would be half assed open right now if FORD didn't have to offer buyouts for closing before the current UAW Contract expires" ??????? In you're opinion does FORD need these trucks ???? You folks on this Board are living in lala land !!

Edited by "Swami"

what was not nice about it ??? it is the truth and not some fantasy about getting a boatload of cash.

Someone please answer this next question with a little thought and give an intelligent answer

"Do you think NAP be half assed open right now if FORD didn't have to offer buyouts for closing before the current UAW Contract expires" ??????? In you're opinion does FORD need these trucks ???? You folks on this Board are living in lala land !!

Swami...asked and answered. Asumming the ENTIRE 21% production cut announced last

week is ALL F Series that is 189,000 units on an annual basis based on last year's 900k sales.

NAP's 2005 production was about 214,000 units.

So you are probably correct, Ford no longer NEEDS NAP's production which begs the question.

Since they cant CLOSE NAP until end of current contract in 2007 what do they do with "old girl"

Run on 1 shift for an entire year and lose even more money by having to keep paying wages

and benefits to 1200 people or more with even more down time ( does anybody really believe

light truck sales not just F Series will mount a miraculous recovery back up to current levels ? )

Or do they make the SMART move, offer company wide buyouts, again remembering that NOT everybody is going to take the lump sum cash option, and make that up front investment

in cost cutting to reap huge long term fiscal benefits and increased share prices and company valuations.

One more time....it is an emotional time for us, the rank and file, but those who make the decisions it

is BUSINESS, pure and simple, and in that context, FORD understands and knows what

is expected and what they have to do now. They no longer have a choice on selective buyouts

it is time for them to put their money where there mouth is and PR campaign and make

some "REAL BOLD MOVES"

Just look at the break even point and run the numbers.

30,000 people take $100k buyouts = $ 3 Billion ( but it wont be that much because not all will take the lump sum ) compared to just 5,000 people making $70k per year wages and benefits for just 10 years will cost

Ford $3.5 Billion. Every person past 5,000 who will take ANY buyout is just gravy to FORD.

Anyway you slice it it is a "no brainer"

Who would'nt invest $3Billion up front to save/make $8-10 Billion in a few short years, I wish I had THAT kind of ROI on MY money !

Damn folks,why do you let fuckers like Slimey get to you,lol ? Company wide means company wide. Besides,hes only starting shit because he's taking a breather from his daily internet porn jerking marathon and he has nothing else to do until his cat dry's off .Then he has to get a new windshield wiper installed on his computer monitor so when his mommy finally cleans up that mountain of Vaseline/Kleenex from his computer desk,he can begin round two and pound his girlfriend/cat into submission.

Hes just a bitchtit crybaby folks. :cry:

I have to agree with F150MAN. Not all 2000+ employees will get a big buyout, those with 26 + years will probally get offered 85% pay and benefits until retirement and then full retirement. Those with 15 to 25 years will probally get offered the big buyout, cash to walk and sever all ties to Ford Motor Co. Those with 10 to 15 will be offered a buyout of decent proportions and those with less than 10 years a smaller sized package. The education buyout will also be offered as that is a contactual obligation they figure many will not meet, 1 bad grade and deal cancelled. I am not sure exactly how much the benfits cost per month but based on what I have read UAW auto workers cost between $40 - $45 an hour total (this could be low). Based on that figure 2080 work hours a year would equal $83,200 to $93,600 a year which I am sure they will look at as we only have a year left of obligation. Also the operational costs of keeping NAP open a year paying 2 shifts and running 1, how about the tax write off situation, etc etc etc.

We can go on and on about the do's and dont's but as F150MAN said the people they pay to figure the pro's and con's will report to the people in that big conference room next month and then they will pick what is in the best interest for FOMOCO and it's shareholders.

Damn folks,why do you let fuckers like Slimey get to you,lol ? Company wide means company wide. Besides,hes only starting shit because he's taking a breather from his daily internet porn jerking marathon and he has nothing else to do until his cat dry's off .Then he has to get a new windshield wiper installed on his computer monitor so when his mommy finally cleans up that mountain of Vaseline/Kleenex from his computer desk,he can begin round two and pound his girlfriend/cat into submission.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: Thanks man...I needed a good laugh !....1 question though....cat ?....Oh never mind

I dont want to know !

Who said anything about company wide buyouts ??? not FORD, maybe Wall Street is clamoring for it. But I have yet to see it in print on the FORD Clip Sheet. Not gonna be company wide buyouts. Nobody left to build at NAP !!!!