Project ST - History Lessons #26 – Ford RS200

As some of you know, I'm working with fifteen52, Ken Block, and Ford on their Project ST campaign. The project is all about pumping up the new Focus ST in North America, but we're also out to elevate and educate people on some of the serious small performance cars Ford has been offering overseas and some lesser known domestic ones for years and linking that pedigree back to the Ford Focus and Fiesta ST. And that's where I come in.

To celebrate the introduction of the RS brand finally arriving in the US, I present what is arguable the best RS ever made:

The RS200!

1986-ford-rs200-evolution.jpg

If you've been enjoying these articles, please let us know!

For previous history lessons, click here: http://www.project-st.com/category/articles/history-lessons/

Our older posts may have broken as we changed servers.

• Like 2

The MONSTER. I used to obsess on those cars in the rally footage ESPN would show in the dead of night. Fastest car to 60 of its time, and still iconic to this day. Every time some snot talks up his WRX or EVO...heh...I just laugh and remind him that the current WRC cars are the baby siblings of the monsters that inhabited "Gruppe B".

That's one of my all-time favorite Fords, and one I hope to sneak into my garage, someday.

Only 200 production cars were ever made for sale to the public. The odds of ever getting one are worse than Powerball. And out of the 200, you have to subtract the ones placed in museums, and ones whose fates did not end well like being wrapped around trees and on their roof in a ditch. (the intended purpose of these cars was racing after all).

As some of you know, I'm working with fifteen52, Ken Block, and Ford on their Project ST campaign. The project is all about pumping up the new Focus ST in North America, but we're also out to elevate and educate people on some of the serious small performance cars Ford has been offering overseas and some lesser known domestic ones for years and linking that pedigree back to the Ford Focus and Fiesta ST. And that's where I come in.

Ford is being mean as cat shit with Focus RS allocations so the chances of these projects being more popular grows.