2016 F150 Incentives Vastly different between XLT and Lariat

re5513

Based on what I see online, the finance incentives for the 2016 F150 for the XLT and Lariat trim levels break down as follows (assuming maximum cash discount):

XLT:

Retail Cash 1250 Bonus Cash 1500 Retail Cash 1000 Bonus Cash 500

Lariat:

Retail Cash 0 Bonus Cash 500 Retail Cash 1000 Bonus Cash 0

This is a difference of $4250-$1500 or almost $3000.

I would think that for the higher margin Lariat that the incentives would also be higher than those offered for the XLT models. This of course does not appear to be the case. Are there perhaps other retail offers that are not identified on Ford.com? The obvious conclusion I draw from this is that Ford is positioning the Lariat at the high end buyer who is significantly less price sensitive compared to the XLT class buyer. As evidence you quickly discover leather seats are not available as a factory option for the XLT model (for example).

So is this likely all there is for 2016 Lariat models for the standard rebates/cash/financing incentives?

Thanks,

re5513

XLTs have had $4K incentives for almost a year now. Virtually nothing on the Lariats. At least on super abs because I've been following both for awhile. Obviously they're selling all the Lariats they can make so incentives will probably stay low.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I kinda don't get it. I always thought that XLT is more of a truck for work & family as all the cloth and stuff. But you can also have all the equipments and options on the XLT as well, Why is it not selling as well as the lariat. I thought XLT should be the most selling trim level

It's not the absolute number they are selling - it's the number they're producing versus what they're selling. They're not selling as many XLTs as they want so they have higher incentives. Lariats are very popular and in shorter supply so less incentives. The ratio of XLTs to Lariats isn't all that important.

The big offer at the moment is 0% for 60 months..

I think Ford is trying to say that if you take that

2016 Ford F-150 XLT
SuperCab or SuperCrew
2.7L V6 EcoBoost
w/Luxury Chrome or Sport Pkg.
you then get a choice of 0% finance or around $6,000 in savings..