2100 miles down, 145 to go and… (Please provide better customer service.)

The rail car broke down Sunday night.

I ordered my Fusion Sport on 8/15 and have been tracking the build and shipping. So while tracking the rail car thru UP and CSX it gets to Battle Creek Michigan and goes no further.
I checked with my dealer and they don’t have any additional information. I guess the status indicate the rail car broke down and ETA is no longer available. They said they contacted Ford but typically don’t get answer.

I found this on the web: Bad order - rail car has a mechanical problem and needs repaired (usually less than 48 hour delay)

From what I can tell CSX delivered it to CN but then it disappears.

It’s been 5 days now and still no status. Is there a way to find out more information? Anyone a customer could call? Who should the dealer be calling?

I have a buyer for my 2012 Fusion but really need my new car first.

Just looking for suggestions or help.

-Lee

Order is 0506
Dealer is F48556
Railcar CSX ETTX711948

Edited by lskarha

According to Ford's tracking system, that vehicle, which is not a Sport, was delivered to Bell Ford Lincoln in Adrian, Michigan on October 1st.

Dealer code F48556

Order 0505

Railcar # ETTX908576

VIN 3FA6P0D97HR206030

Edited by Pioneer

It is not a matter of providing better customer service. Unfortunately once Ford releases the vehicle, they really have zero control over the vehicle. It is all in the hands of the shipping company per the contract.

A friend of mine had his vehicle delayed on purpose by John cooper for several weeks and Ford couldn't do anything about it.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Thanks for the information. I was tracking it via phone using the UP and CSX automated systems. CSX said it was delivered to customer location. (Battle Creek) Is that where Canadian National Railway picks it up. It was not clear in which carrier had the issue. CSX or CN? (I assume it is CN that moves it from Battle Creek to Flat Rock?)

Thanks for your help. You experience in this area shows. I just called CSX for tracking and the system said “ETTX711948 has been released by the customer, Battle Creek, Michigan on CN, Oct 6th 2:32pm.” So that sounds like good news.

It's odd the system won't update again once it starts moving.

-Lee
PS I did not realize that CSX would still be tracking the car.

We’ll the rail car finally made it to Flat Rock this morning. The rail car breaking down added 7 days to the delivery date. No ETA yet. Based some of the other rail shipping stories on other forums, an additional week wait is not so bad.

-Lee

PS I just wish there could have been some type of status from CN to Ford to the Customer. Not knowing was a killer.

Edited by lskarha

Well the rail car finally made it to Flat Rock this morning. The rail car breaking down added 7 days to the delivery date. No ETA yet. Based some of the other rail shipping stories on other forums, an additional week wait is not so bad.

-Lee

PS I just wish there could have been some type of status from CN to Ford to the Customer. Not knowing was a killer.

. Good luck getting anything out of CN. They're notorious in the railroad industry for doing things their way and not being very customer friendly.

CSX gave the rail car up in Markham Illinois. CN takes it from there to the unload point in Flat Rock. At that point, if it follows the same path as the earlier tracked Fusion, a company called United Road Service will deliver it to the dealer.

Might be the entire rail car was stolen...