Mercury Milan: Buyer's Switching To Milan From Rival Brands

Blue Oval Staff

I'm curious who is buying the car? IMO this is why it's a success, they got a good looking, professional woman as the spokesperson who directly appeals to the demographic they're targeting. This car is the perfect chick mobile, looks better than a Jetta, and is completely unoffending. If I remember correctly, the ads clearly panned over the cars while information was delivered to the customer, not just a bunch of flashing lights giving people seizures and a brief shot of the cars front fascia.

I guess the point we need to look at is:

The plant is at full capacity building three different vehicles. How many Milans are produced each month to begin with? (It may well be that they're selling all the Milans that they build)

But to many people, they think they are just badge engineered cars with no real differences inbetween them, well till the MKZ comes out...

Mercury really needs to bring back an appropriate Cougar distinctly styled as a halo car that will bring in more interest to the division as a whole... Names like Monterey and Montego have been wasted on products that don't fullfill the image of the same popular vehicles of yesteryear. The whole division rests on a fine line of being stuck almost equal to the high end of Ford offereings while overlapping the entry level Lincoln models. Lincoln needs to pair down to a few exclusive models and stop trying to be a full lineup of high content Fords...

But to many people, they think they are just badge engineered cars with no real differences inbetween them, well till the MKZ comes out...

Well Mercury right now really is simply a way to buy a ford and get lincoln dealer treatment - a good deal in my eyes.

Ford has a stigma - Mercury does not. There are a lot of people that call on Ford not to try anything wild with Mercury - to just leave it as a slightly more hip looking top-levelt trim of Ford vehicles.

Lincoln does need more differentiation.

Pioneer - average is crap in the first year of sales - it is still low - but the trend is definitely upwards, and that is what matters - let's see the second year sales , when they are more stabilized - more truly represewntative of the appeal of the car.

Igor