Super Duty build delays

glrret

I look at my trucks as a luxury vehicles. I feel very fortunate to be able to purchase a vehicle like these, high end diesel trucks. I don't use them for employment but I certainly use them for life and the challenges life brings me. I used to haul 5er's but we found our dream beach house a few years ago so I sold the last one. With the down turn in my industry, we had to down size to the beach house so we are living at the end of an island in the Northumberland Strait with very harsh winter weather. I cut a lot of our own wood to burn during the winter and the truck box comes very handy for that. I find dead falls mostly and silva culture lighter stands to promote healthier forest on family land. I hunt as well and need the 8' of box for my ATV so I can get deeper into the woods. I find myself periodically hooking onto some really heavy loads that no half ton should bat an eye at. It's well worth a couple of extra dollars invested upfront knowing that you have the power and strength along with fuel economy to get you out of certain situations. My philosophy is that if you are spending money on a truck, buy as much as you can, you will use every bit of it and more.

When I'm home living life to the fullest, I'm with my family in my truck and on our next mission. It's my luxury vehicle and I'm very fortunate to live the life I've been given. Waiting for the new truck and being without the last one (Traded), I'm lost.

Dane

If you don't mind me asking what line of work are you in? I myself retired from the US Army in 1998, and then took a job as IT systems manager that has grown into a national telecommunication position where I can basically work from my home office. I've been doing this now for close to 19 years and I'm almost 62, time to enjoy life in a different way.

No I don't mind. I'm a Ship's Navigator specializing in Dynamic Positioning. I work on drilling vessels in the international deepwater oil fields. In 2014 we started to see the downward slide. I've been lucky to keep employed through the crash. Good news is that some of my former colleagues are going back to work, the end of the crash is near and once the ships crew up, a lot of stress will be gone for many families. I just turned 44 this month, I plan on retiring from this industry hopefully at 50. Then I'll hopefully be on one of the ferries close to home or selling ice-cream for a living, anything but this crap.

No I don't mind. I'm a Ship's Navigator specializing in Dynamic Positioning. I work on drilling vessels in the international deepwater oil fields. In 2014 we started to see the downward slide. I've been lucky to keep employed through the crash. Good news is that some of my former colleagues are going back to work, the end of the crash is near and once the ships crew up, a lot of stress will be gone for many families. I just turned 44 this month, I plan on retiring from this industry hopefully at 50. Then I'll hopefully be on one of the ferries close to home or selling ice-cream for a living, anything but this crap.

Dane, I really hope things pick up for you and work comes your way quickly.

Well, I'm one day closer to driving my new truck. I'm thinking that based on the rate of travel that it has been maintaining over the last few days it must be at the rail yard near Boston by now. I figure 1 or 2 days for it to be unloaded and the trucking company to be notified and then another 2 or 3 days to be picked up and brought to Maine.

So I'm thinking around the middle of next week I may see it.

Hello folks. I ordered an F350 XLT on June 20th and to date no VIN, no status just processing. I see most others received their VIN and build date within a few weeks. Dealer said the order had been taken up but no further status at this point. Suggestions?

RedslnTX, Looking at the configuration that you ordered, my truck along with another guy's truck that is on this board, I would guess that your truck will be built during the week of Aug 7th. I've been given a tentative date of the 12th for my build date. Our trucks are all CC Long Box diesels, yours and mine are XLT's. I would hit the dealer up for the VIN, they must have it by now.

You could get your order code and dealer code and post on this forum bringing the attention to a member by the name of "Pioneer", he can maybe get your VIN and some tentative dates for you.

Dane

Edited by DaneNav

Thanks Dane I hope your right! I was told my order number was A910 and i searched my dealer "Blake Fulenwider" and believe you add an "F" to the Fleet dealer code (52V773) and remove the internal letter. Cotus says a matching vehicle could not be determined. I'll ping the dealer again today.

Thank you, Pioneer, your consistent status reports have been very helpful when dealing with new truck anxiety. Maybe some day you would PM me with a number I could use to contact you. My wife and I plan to do some traveling with the truck and the 5th wheel. I'd like to link up and buy your a beer or lunch or both if you're up to it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this helps regarding the topic header... Just saw this at the FMCDealer.com portal.

• Certain 2016-2017 F-650/750 and 2017 F-350/450/550 Vehicles Equipped with a 6.7L Diesel Engine - Crankcase Oil Separator Filter Element
  • - FSA VIN List

Oh no........ well 250's aren't listed there so hopefully mine isn't affected.

Edited by triniexr

Can't get in to this link. Can you expand with a bit of detail on this if possible?

Thanks

Dane

The link is to the notice at FMCDealer.com which is restricted to dealers and Ford employees. These type of notices are also restricted to job roles and I have no need or access to these matters. The access is usually restricted to the service and parts department staffs.

Hello Pioneer, you are very good at relieving Super Duty order anxiety - thank you. Any chance you could help me too? VIN# 1FT8W3B63HEE43195. Any information would help. Dealer only knows to expect delivery the week of 9/5.

Scheduled to be built the week of August 21st. Dealer ETA September 5th through 11th.

Pioneer, I have an F-350 on order with a VIN of 1FT8W3B69HEE43444. I haven't been able to get much info out of my dealer and I don't have a window sticker available yet. Is there any way you could get me some extra info? Thanks

It's going to be built on August 13th. Dealer ETA is August 31st to September 6th.