1. 1. Choose one, then list the plant you are from

• Buy Out?
    • Transfer?
    • Don't know yet?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as my seniority as a Pipefitter, that's what I'm "concerned" about. Even with the amount of possible buyouts to be taken I'm thinking transfer for trades is going to be pretty difficult???? Any other thoutghs on this? I sincerely hope we get some information on the possibility of transfering before the damn buyout time slot is closed??????

Ktp1989

What are you basing your statement on?

less than 20 trades transferred after St. Louis closed - the message was go back to production (if you can) if you want a transfer. After 4+ years of hearing we were closing, the less than 20 trades that did transfer went after the plant had been officially idled and all but a handful of trades were on layoff or Gen. My husband had 21 years and did not get transferred as trade.

what about production at KTP? heard you guys laid people off...but then also heard you took guys from NAP...??

We currently don't have any production laid off. We did take in about 150 from atl. We had 900 sign up for the buyouts so I would assume that we would be getting 900 transfers eventually.

Ktp1989

What are you basing your statement on?

I am at KTP and am in skilled trades. Not basing it on anything, stating facts. We just shipped 20 mw's and elec. to Lap as we have gone to 3 eight hours shifts 5 days a week and they canceled the weekend crew so they went back into traditional shifts and forced alot of people to the project crew. We started sending lower seniority trades to lap last month. We will not be taking any skilled trades, we have to many now.

30 years service

49 years old

10 years pipefitter

Haven't decided yet.

Sheldon Rd. plant

Our trades rep told us Tuesday that none of us would be working here by the end of the contract, Sept. 07, we would either be retired or working in other Ford plants. Thinking was, from the international, that with the company wide buyouts there would be enough folks leaving Ford facilities and the ACH facilities resulting in enough openings to accomodate everyone, be they skilled or non-skilled, at a Ford facility. The international is basing their reasoning on a 20% figure for the number of folks accepting buyouts, with the premise that the overwhelming majority of folks with 30 years would not choose to transfer. The only trades that might have issues are classifications like carpenter/painter, as an example, trades not carried at other plants.

List the plant you are from

How old you are

How many yrs service you have

Trade (what Trade) or Production

Utica Trim ACH

I am going to be friggin 40 in a week or so

been with company 13+ years, with 10 in Trades

I am a hydraulic Repairman

I will not leave until they drag me, kicking, screaming and scratching all the way out the door.

I hope to transfer, and I will take a production job if I have to, but, I will not stay if I have to go into

production. Currently, I am looking at other jobs, but I'm not quite ready to relocate unless its to stay with ford. I will relocate, however if I end up back in production.

I hired in with a journeyman's card. I had to work in production when I hired in because there weren't any openings. That was the worse 3 years of my life. That is why I am not willing to do it again for any length of time. I gotta hand it to you guys that work production jobs for 20-30 years. I still have pain in my hands and wrists from working the jobs on the line I worked.

46 years old

18 years with Ford

Trans. to NAP FEB 2005 ------------------------- Saline,Wayne ISA,Saline, NAP

Don't want to move back to Michigan, hate the weather. My parents & siblings still in Michigan. Love weather in Virginia. Have maybe 3 months of cold weather 30-40 degrees. In Michigan about 3-4 maybe 5 months of good weather, above 50 degrees

Not opposed to transfering to a HVC in a warm climate

Undecided on what to do :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

46 years old

18 years with Ford

Trans. to NAP FEB 2005 ------------------------- Saline,Wayne ISA,Saline, NAP

Don't want to move back to Michigan, hate the weather. My parents & siblings still in Michigan. Love weather in Virginia. Have maybe 3 months of cold weather 30-40 degrees. In Michigan about 3-4 maybe 5 months of good weather, above 50 degrees

Not opposed to transfering to a HVC in a warm climate

Undecided on what to do :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Damn! Four plants in 18 yrs! NAP since just this last February and to be on the move again. Man that has to have been a tuff row to hoe!

I know what you mean about the weather. Ohio is too damn cold for me!

1-04-93 ((almost 14 years))sen. at Indy plant...39 y.o....i'll make a move if i'm gave that chance...anyone heard on how they are going to offer moves...by plant postings what?...

I have to go in early for our "Buyout" meeting today.

We had a state of the plant meeting yesterday. It was posted only the day before. None of the afternoon foremen (persons) knew about it, none of the afternoon Union Rep's knew. We went up front to go..........

The head of maintenance stops us as we walk toward the "double doors" Says "NO, THE MEETING FOR TRADES IS NEXT WEEK" That wasn't what the letter stated. So if we asked six different people what was said we got six different stories. So on Wednesday we are told next week, which Monday would be the fifth day later, and we dont know on Thursday when "next week" our meeting is????? :runaway:

Tonight or in the morning I'll post what we are told on the transfer situation.

EDITED TO AD:

Don't get me started on "THE STATE OF OUR PLANT"

Edited by Pipefitter

indy meeting was this morning...went over buyout packages...talked about plant stability((SUUUUCKS))we will not be bought and will , in my opion, be closed in a few years...i'm flowing back to a Ford plant on the first river out of town...flow back will be based on people taking buyouts and retirment packages, minus what Ford wants to slim down there production people to anyway...any gen people have first option, we were told that could be a small number considering they ((most gen)) have already had some offers and most are not moving... to all you folks with 30+ years, get the heck out so i'll have a place to flow back to...they said flowbacks will start in Jan., Feb., and March, with packages for you to pick zone choices in 3-4 weeks...goodluck to all of you with whatever path you choose