Lima Engine PLant

end of time

When will production of the 3.0 end. What does employment look like there, will there be a layoff or job bank. How about buyouts at the plant. Does anyone in Lima have any knowledge of whats going on. Thanks :shrug:

The 3.0L block will end by Thanksgiving in the casting plant so Lima won't be far behind.

Lima will get the V8 Essex was supposed to get!!!

later

The 3.0L block will end by Thanksgiving in the casting plant so Lima won't be far behind.

Lima will get the V8 Essex was supposed to get!!!

later

i dont know what you are smoking there csmj, or if you are trying to be another wizard, but thats a first about a v-8!! The way things are going we will be lucky to get anything more.

i dont know what you are smoking there csmj, or if you are trying to be another wizard, but thats a first about a v-8!! The way things are going we will be lucky to get anything more.

Try this, the 4.6L V8 Romeo cast iron is being cut by 75% in 08. I know this because I work at the casting plant. This engine will be a aluminum block in 08. It goes in the Crown vic,Explorer. The new aluminum V8 will also go in the mustang and any other light truck or car.

This will be like the volvo V8 Yamaha engine in Europe!

Not sure about the date for the 3.0 but I do know they are running over time for the v6 products in the ccp, a big lay off should be around the corner, but of course the Union reps or company wont say a word until the day before it happens, They surely wouldnt want us to get ready for it :kissass: :titanic:

I have read on previous post that cleveland engine is supposed to start building the same new v6 that lima now builds, is that still the case and how will it affect lima> :shrug:

It won't affect Lima at all, unless they screw it up or tick off Ford. Lima doesn't have the capacity right now to run as many 3.5's that Ford says they want. That is where CEP 1 will come in. Also if any rear wheel drive vehicles come out with the 3.5, Cleveland will make that engine, since Lima is not tooled for RWD vehicles.

When will production of the 3.0 end. What does employment look like there, will there be a layoff or job bank. How about buyouts at the plant. Does anyone in Lima have any knowledge of whats going on. Thanks :shrug:

looks like im the only one that's going to answer your question! i work at lima engine plant and they are telling us that we will work most of october and then have down weeks until january. then we are supposed to come back in january, now, ready for this?, work 3 or 4 days and then shut down for good! i know it doesnt make sense but it must have something to do with taxes or something in the new year. as far as layoffs, we are hearing that the people on the vulcan line will be tlo'd during the down weeks, and after jan. its anyone's guess. hope this helps. sorry thats all i know. also, anyone out there who reads this, i wish them all the luck in the world during these trying times. hope everybody can stay employed somewhere. and god bless all of you. the emloyees at ford motor dont deserve all of this turmoil.

looks like im the only one that's going to answer your question! i work at lima engine plant and they are telling us that we will work most of october and then have down weeks until january. then we are supposed to come back in january, now, ready for this?, work 3 or 4 days and then shut down for good! i know it doesnt make sense but it must have something to do with taxes or something in the new year. as far as layoffs, we are hearing that the people on the vulcan line will be tlo'd during the down weeks, and after jan. its anyone's guess. hope this helps. sorry thats all i know. also, anyone out there who reads this, i wish them all the luck in the world during these trying times. hope everybody can stay employed somewhere. and god bless all of you. the emloyees at ford motor dont deserve all of this turmoil.

We at CCP are running 3.0 blocks and heads like crazy. We figured they wanted to run this engine out early. Thanks for the info. The union and company wouldn't tell us anything other than "this engine is good until 2007". Yeah, they will have enough in the banks to supply the assembly plants in 2007. Why they just can't give us a heads up on a layoff is anyone's guess. :shrug:

i had a manager tell me that the study that they did in the plant says between 220 and 250 will take the buyout. thats 25% of the plant. right now we have less than 900 people.

Thank You for the Information. Very interesting.

Thats very interesting, I hope they do not shut Lima down. I read on one of the other posts that lima was way under budget and doing very good. Also heard that lima has a great work force, lots of land, water, ect everything needed to stay open. But who knows, nothing in this life is for sure.

Thank You for the Information. Very interesting.

Thats very interesting, I hope they do not shut Lima down. I read on one of the other posts that lima was way under budget and doing very good. Also heard that lima has a great work force, lots of land, water, ect everything needed to stay open. But who knows, nothing in this life is for sure.

I think he meant the 3.0 Vulcan line, not the entire plant!! Lima is here to stay.... at least for a while.

I think he meant the 3.0 Vulcan line, not the entire plant!! Lima is here to stay.... at least for a while.

i have a question for anyone at Lima....

do you think enough people will take the buyout ?

and if so maybe become a flowback to plant ?

thanks!

Edited by dark270

i have a question for anyone at Lima....

do you think enough people will take the buyout ?

and if so maybe become a flowback to plant ?

thanks!

most definately it will be a flowback plant. as of monday sept 25 there are only 1 or 2 trainers and group leaders in each machining area of the v-6 vulcan. the rest are skilled trades running machines that allways used to be production worker jobs. we agreed to this in the last local agreement.the reason that there arent enough production people in the maching areas is that they all got moved to the new line where we make the duratech 35 motor. we have no people, i mean no extra people at all, therefore,when buyouts start, we will be shorthanded that same day. there are alot of people who had been in mach. areas for years that got forced over there, that are ready to take the buyout as soon as possible. if we lose 200 people we will need 200 people.

most definately it will be a flowback plant. as of monday sept 25 there are only 1 or 2 trainers and group leaders in each machining area of the v-6 vulcan. the rest are skilled trades running machines that allways used to be production worker jobs. we agreed to this in the last local agreement.the reason that there arent enough production people in the maching areas is that they all got moved to the new line where we make the duratech 35 motor. we have no people, i mean no extra people at all, therefore,when buyouts start, we will be shorthanded that same day. there are alot of people who had been in mach. areas for years that got forced over there, that are ready to take the buyout as soon as possible. if we lose 200 people we will need 200 people.

Thats great for anyone wanting to come to lima, been there a few times seems like a nice place. I hope there wont be any trades lost when they end production of the v-6. Oh by the way just curious if there is a supv there by the name of d. russell. new him years ago. can't picture him being a boss though.

Thats great for anyone wanting to come to lima, been there a few times seems like a nice place. I hope there wont be any trades lost when they end production of the v-6. Oh by the way just curious if there is a supv there by the name of d. russell. new him years ago. can't picture him being a boss though.

let me give you a little advice, wont cost you a dime. if you or anyone that you know wants to come to lima, do yourself a favor and dont mention "that guy's" name that you just mentioned. he is probably in the top 3 most hated salary in the plant.

hey daisy, you seem to know some of whats going on, are you production or skilled? you must be female with a name like daisy. are you tall? or are you a bluecoat in diguise? im a millwright in the d-35. shouldnt be too hard there are only 6 of us in the new area left.

let me give you a little advice, wont cost you a dime. if you or anyone that you know wants to come to lima, do yourself a favor and dont mention "that guy's" name that you just mentioned. he is probably in the top 3 most hated salary in the plant.

thanks dog, I didn't care for him either, just wondered if he was one of the one's walked out, during the big salary firing. :shrug:

hey thanks, just thinking hard about lima...i like toledo area but how is lima on senority...like 10 and under?

alot of 30 year guys?

thanks for your help! i appreciate it!

How sure are you about this happening? I work at CCP and we are just running the hell out of blocks and heads for the Vulcan. Seems if you guys machine these parts, we would be finished before you. Our union and management tell us :censored::censored:. So what else is new with our union?????? :doh::doh:

How sure are you about this happening? I work at CCP and we are just running the hell out of blocks and heads for the Vulcan. Seems if you guys machine these parts, we would be finished before you. Our union and management tell us :censored::censored:. So what else is new with our union?????? :doh::doh:

please dont go what i say. this crap changes everyday, now they are saying that we will run through the end of oct. then shut down until march!! i think they will come to their senses and keep running until they have enough for taurus, ranger and service motors then shut it down for good. thats only my opinion though. by the way, we are hearing down here that ford stopped construction on ccp and when the vulcan castings are done that they are goinh to shut down ccp and cep-2. are you guys hearing this? ill bet levandusky is about to have a nervous breakdown. you guys need to send him down here so we can teach him how to sell a local contract to the membership and not feel a bit bad about it later! it seems like we are safe for awhile, but we have given up about everything there is to give.!!