• Custom Search

ice-capades

UBER Blue Windshield Lights

In the past week or so I'm coming across UBER vehicles on the road displaying blue "UBER" lights in vehicle windshields for display towards oncoming vehicles. I have no problem with UBER trying to identify their associated vehicles on the road. However, in many states, blue lights are reserved for police vehicle use only. At night, you can't tell that these vehicles are UBER vehicles until you're very close and able to read the blue UBER display. Otherwise, all you see is a blue light in the windshield and think that it's a police related vehicle.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

In the past week or so I'm coming across UBER vehicles on the road displaying blue "UBER" lights in vehicle windshields for display towards oncoming vehicles. I have no problem with UBER trying to identify their associated vehicles on the road. However, in many states, blue lights are reserved for police vehicle use only. At night, you can't tell that these vehicles are UBER vehicles until you're very close and able to read the blue UBER display. Otherwise, all you see is a blue light in the windshield and think that it's a police related vehicle.

Agreed.  Illinois is among the states that have started ticketing drivers for having the light illuminated while driving.  https://uberpeople.net/threads/more-cities-are-cracking-down-on-illegal-lights-rideshare-drivers-use.303753/

HRG