aviator gt engine bay

Tl99cobra

Hello all,

Sort of a strange question. Anyone have a photo of an aviator gt engine bay with the plastic engine covers taken off. Looking to see if a catch can for an explorer st would fit in the front drivers side of engine bay as in this video...

The explorer st does not have the front and side plastic engine covers. Plus the gt has some orange electrical "stuff" in the engine bay. I know I should just wait until my 2021 arrives and see for myself, but just thought I would ask. Thanks!

What a great forum. Thank you guys. I was thinking of going with jlt catch can and putting it where I have the arrow in the photo and making a clamp to attach it to the bolt i circled.  Not sure what the bolt is for.

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/jlt-oil-separator-3-0-passenger-side-2020-ford-explorer-3l-2020-lincoln-aviator-3l-ecoboost/

20200910_203527.jpg

Doesn't the 3.0L Nano have the same port and direct injection system as the 2.7L?  If it does you really don't need a catch can. 

When it's running on port injection that will wash the oil off the valves.

You can still put one on, it's just not needed as a direct injection only system.

47 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

Doesn't the 3.0L Nano have the same port and direct injection system as the 2.7L?  If it does you really don't need a catch can. 

When it's running on port injection that will wash the oil off the valves.

You can still put one on, it's just not needed as a direct injection only system.

No, the 3.0 doesn't have the port injection sadly.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:13 PM, CoolScoop said:

rampagex7... what's the electronic module thats velcroed to the engine bay cross bar?

It's a GPS tracking device for our fleet management software.  I'm leasing mine through my company and we have fleet management software that tracks all our company vehicles to get instant location, trips, mileage traveled, etc. for tracking and audit purposes.