What do you guys think of the new Corvette?

probowler

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I actually like it. Thought it looked a bit strange when it first came out but I think it looks much better in person. I really like this color too. I’m not sure it could make it out of my driveway without bottoming out though.0*Yuv5MApwN-Dlxd3B.jpg

I too think it is better in person, but I still don’t like the interior. As mentioned above, I think they tried too hard to retain the previous gens taillight so the rear could use some improvement, but overall it’s a good value.  

It’s a great vehicle but I wonder if GM has once again overshot the target by miles and delivered a Corvette way beyond expectations. The performance and handling is so good that most buyers won’t have to buy above base and P51.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 12:49 AM, probowler said:

For the longest time, my dream car was the Dodge Viper.... I really wanted that import from Detroit. Unfortunately it was recently retired, and my desires lately have shifted towards the Lamborghini Gallardo.... An older used version can be found for under $100k now.  And while I realize we have our own, actual Supercar in the GT... but that is just too rare and out of my price range!

Que Chevys new Corvette: A Mid-engine roadster that is MUCH more affordable. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the design. It doesn't do it for me like the italian sports cars do. However I have seen some upcoming body kits that completely blow the budget, but do make it look 1000x better. I'd imagine it will be a LOT cheaper and easier to maintain and repair over its life.

c8-corvette-competition-carbon-c8rr-wide

c8-corvette-competition-carbon-c8rr-wide
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/c8-corvette-competition-carbon-c8rr-widebody-kit-has-supercar-vibes-150144.html#

So I'm just curious, what do you think of Chevy's new Corvette? 

I think it looks like shit!!

21 hours ago, mustang let back said:

I think it looks like shit!!

Agree,

To my eye, that kit destroys the smooth curves of the Corvette

and makes it look like one of those fibreglass kit cars 

But I'm not a 40 something, that demograph typically go for that sort of sharp angle styling

Edited by jpd80