Ongoing shortages Affecting quality control?

As I'm sure many of us can relate, I have had a truck on order since early April that's not scheduled yet.  One thing I worry about is if quality control has suffered due to the ongoing manufacturing difficulties.  Mainly I wonder about the chip issues and how likely it is that quality of them has decreased for whatever reason whether it would be due to switching suppliers, making due with different chips, making them faster, or if Ford would accept lower standards for faster production.  I wonder if the new vehicles could be full of glitches in the long run.  I don't normally go for extended warranties, but I'm seriously considering it  purely because of the times we're in.  I imagine starting and stopping factories can cause a lot of problems also.  I'm not an expert in the auto industry and was just wondering what other people think

I'll take the other side. Quality control good be better. Rested employees that want to get back to work. Chip manufacturing moving to the US? All sorts of things could lead to a better truck, not worse. Only time will tell, but IMO extended warranties are rarely worth it.

17 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

I'll take the other side. Quality control good be better. Rested employees that want to get back to work. Chip manufacturing moving to the US? All sorts of things could lead to a better truck, not worse. Only time will tell, but IMO extended warranties are rarely worth it.

With the amount of electronics on these newer vehicles (not referring to the chip shortage in general) I think the extended warranties could bring piece of mind to some. Regardless of the current situation I'm going to buy one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Evolrider said:

I plan on keeping this truck for 7+ years and will be purchasing an extended warranty through Ford Flood.  I will sleep better at night knowing I am covered for an extended period of time.

I will likely end up getting the ESP, but from Flood or Ziegler, but I am going to wait about 2 years before I pick it up... at that point I am going to kind of feel it out... I may pick one up then, or I may choose to let it go... I dunno. But I do know that there is nothing saying you have to get it at the time of purchase, and the 3 year/36000 will cover your until you meet one of those specifics, so that gives me a little time to think about it and get a feel for what my truck in specific will look like... at least to some degree.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

I will likely end up getting the ESP, but from Flood or Ziegler, but I am going to wait about 2 years before I pick it up... at that point I am going to kind of feel it out... I may pick one up then, or I may choose to let it go... I dunno. But I do know that there is nothing saying you have to get it at the time of purchase, and the 3 year/36000 will cover your until you meet one of those specifics, so that gives me a little time to think about it and get a feel for what my truck in specific will look like... at least to some degree.

I'll do the same, bought one for my f150 with I was in the 35k range.  I have yet to use it at all and only have 5k left on the mileage.