Need ideas for mounting a beacon light to roof

Kory04

I do snow removal and need a decent beacon light. Most are magnetic which clearly wont work on aluminum.  The factory one for 2022 trucks integrates into the 3rd brake light area but is insanely expensive, somewhere around $1k because I didn't order with my truck. I see Whelen also offers a bracket that integrates into the 3rd brake light, but by the time I get the bracket above the cab, and a light mounted on the bracket, I'm afraid its too tall to fit in the garage,, and I also worry about water leakage into the cab via the brake light area.  I liked the factory strobe lights on the 2021 trucks that mount beside the brake light, and near the lower windshield behind the hood.  If they would work on the 2022 trucks, that would be a possible option, but they too are quite expensive.  And I'm not crazy about drilling holes in my cab to permanently mount something either.  About the only option I see is a back-rack but after you buy the rack, and lights you're probably crowding the $1K mark again

Cheap Harbor Freight fishing magnet might be strong enough to hold magnetic beacon from inside against the headliner. They claim it will dead lift 250 pounds. I have one and they are strong. Good luck in your endeavor.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:55 PM, LSchicago said:

Buyers products makes powdercoated steel pads for the magnets to grab. They attach with 3M VHB tape. 8895404 is the number for a pack of 4. I sell them in my store.

Thank you. Thats a good and inexpensive option. Think I'll go that route

• Like 1