2022 Door Alignment/Fit

22F250

Hoping someone may have an answer... the doors on my truck on the passenger side are slightly less than flush at the bottom. the drivers side are flush top and bottom. they all close into the door seals and don't leak, but it's an obvious difference. can these doors be adjusted at all in how they fit top and bottom or vertically if you will?

AD1804BD-22FD-44CB-B633-F1C2DC3F6B53_1_201_a.jpeg

That would be enough to bother me everytime I saw it.  It is amazing that it left the factory that way.  I toured the F150 plant a couple weeks ago, and the trucks passed through a tunnel of lights to inspect the paint quality, it passed by several people who look for gaps, then it passed by several robots with red lights that scanned every area for the correct gaps around headlights, doors, fenders, tailgate...etc.  After that was a spray test to check for leaks.  All in all, trucks spend 4.5 hours in final assembly, and1.5 hours in the final inspection stage which also includes adding fluids, dyno testing.

I would think there's some adjustment there, and maybe that adjustment is "tweaking" the door... but if there's not a formal adjustment to be made, I'd be wanting a new door that isn't sprung.  Bottom line is this should have been caught long before it got to you

• Like 1

Make sure you save the paperwork. I sold my 2018 F150 at the end of May at my dealer’s recommendation to get the highest price for it. I had an alignment issue with the hood on that truck when it was delivered. Dealer sent it to a body shop to get it fixed. When I sold the truck (to a local used car dealer) the first thing they asked about was the hood. They could see the paint was disturbed at the bolts and wanted to make sure it hadn’t been wrecked or had some hidden damage. I showed the paperwork and they were fine but if I didn’t have it it may have cost me on the value.

7 minutes ago, 1TonOFun said:

Make sure you save the paperwork. I sold my 2018 F150 at the end of May at my dealer’s recommendation to get the highest price for it. I had an alignment issue with the hood on that truck when it was delivered. Dealer sent it to a body shop to get it fixed. When I sold the truck (to a local used car dealer) the first thing they asked about was the hood. They could see the paint was disturbed at the bolts and wanted to make sure it hadn’t been wrecked or had some hidden damage. I showed the paperwork and they were fine but if I didn’t have it it may have cost me on the value.

always do! save everything, thanks!