How is Sandusky doing?

692yeehaw

Haven't been around, working my tail off. Just wondering how the ACH is holding up. I've been keeping up on the news stories, and it looks kind of grim. My employer has done alot of work for Ford in the past, and that section of the building is getting smaller, but hopefully it will turn around. Everyone will benefit from an automaker success. Keep your heads up guys, get those KIAs off the market.

On Friday I joined the "cut that check" crowd. It's nice you are keeping busy.It has gotten worse since you bailed.The pencil neck revenge of the nerds geek supt. ( you know the one) has about run his areas into ruin. Morale and productivity have about hit bottom. I think the plan is to piss off as many good people as possible to get them out. Worked for me. Color me gone 11/1.

:kissass: :titanic:

we keep hearing rumors that the plant is sold, and we keep hearing rumors that they are getting ready to market test everything in the plant. who knows what to believe!?!

we had over 200 on TLO 2 weeks ago, there are some off this week....but not sure on the number. I think they have about 20 or so skilled trades on TLO the rest of the year.

Big meeting tomorrow 6:30.I hear there no longer looking for potential buyers.I also heard they will be market testing every product in the plant.That can't be good.

Nope, not good. Decision time has been extended to Friday the 13th. Two more days to roll the dice. Good luck all.

I've heard that there are over 250 people signed up to leave so far, and the number is growing daily as the deadline nears....... we'll see how many people leave there name on the list and actually go though!

moral is down at the plant..... :titanic: it sure seams like we're going down with the ship! maybe Ford will wake up and see that if they have to get parts, they might as well get them in plants they already have. the cost to move the mold machines would have to be huge!

now we here they are trying to get people to sign up in labor relations to come back as temp workers for $14 an hour and no benefits.

So if you have no seniority and get the buyout, you can come back and still have no seniority and $100,000. :happy feet: :happy feet:

So if you have no seniority and get the buyout, you can come back and still have no seniority and $100,000. :happy feet: :happy feet:

That's the "word" on the floor.

Take the money, sign up for temp.

Supposed to be scrutinized as for past work history ect. though.

Anyone have official final numbers?

I "heard"

528 People Total

With about 74 Trades included in that number??

Man that is a large # for this plant, that is atleast half. Are they goinig to allow everyone to leave on the first?

That is a pretty big number. They've said that they are letting people go in three different waves......December 1st, January 1st and February 1st.....unless they've changed it again.

I agree with Jimmy G....there will probably be quite a few that'll take their names off the list.

Probably a lot of "just in case" sign ups. They can always pull it. I talked to a few that were signing up to cover all the bases.

A union rep told us so many signed up to retire that we will need transfers next summer.Even with job cuts we will be short. 2,850 workers/1,600 can go.

Brookpark Ohio

That is a pretty big number. They've said that they are letting people go in three different waves......December 1st, January 1st and February 1st.....unless they've changed it again.

I agree with Jimmy G....there will probably be quite a few that'll take their names off the list.

What happened to "test marketing"? If the product is sold. will there be a need for Temps.? How soon would the plant be idled? There seems to be no clear answer; it's a game of Russian Roulette.