Going Back To Work

jshep

I have really enjoyed this 5 week layoff but I'm kind of looking forward to getting back to work to find out some information.....I especially want some ACCURATE dates of when we could be getting our buyouts and would like to know when my last day of work will be......Here at NAP, our signup dates are 10/16 through 11/27.........We are losing a shift(approximately 1100 people) in January. I don't know if that's Jan 1 or what date they are shooting for......There are NESC people coming in tomorrow for two meetings who supposedly have all the information we need....I hope they do and I hope they can give some dates.....We have about 500 people eligible for retirement. I would assume they will cut these people(me included) out first. That would be 500 less folks to worry about when trying to get rid of a shift.......Maybe we'll find out something tomorrow..........Another reason I'm looking forward to getting backto work is that this Wesite should get hopping again. It' been kind of dead during these down weeks........Best of luck to everyone affected by these terrible plant closings....God bless all of you................ :rockon:

What's up with getting that letter from VEC saying that we need to register with them? I thought we we're already registered.

They want you to register for job looking...They want to find you a job ASAP so they can stop paying you unemployment and so FORD can stop paying sub...Its probably so kind of deal that was made and added as an amendment to the contract that we never knew about! You lose job VEC finds you one and you refuse it then unemployment stops your check and if unemployment refuses to pay you then FORD stops your sub check..They got it all worked out on how to screw everybody..

They want you to register for job looking...They want to find you a job ASAP so they can stop paying you unemployment and so FORD can stop paying sub...Its probably so kind of deal that was made and added as an amendment to the contract that we never knew about! You lose job VEC finds you one and you refuse it then unemployment stops your check and if unemployment refuses to pay you then FORD stops your sub check..They got it all worked out on how to screw everybody..

If it's any thing like i went through when i got laid off from ford in 1980,the VEC wants you registered so they'll have you in their system when they layoff a shift or those that take a cash buyout[100k]that you will be required to actively seek employment,in 1980 a bunch of us that were laid off would get letter once every week requiring you to list three places you'd gone to inquire about a job,then you'd mail that back in to get your check,don't think about going through the telephone book and just picking places at random lol because on the same sheet they sent ,not only did they require the company you visited but they wanted the address,the person you talked to and the phone number their so they could check to see if you actually went their, any good luck to all of you

One of the ladies from VEC told us Tuesday that because of the extended down

time we were required to register now with the VEC but we could do that online

which was pretty easy to do.

Im hoping Ill be gone by Jan 1st so I wont have to deal with that BS about

having to file each week with 3 applications.

The job fair was ok today, not great, I was expecting alot more.

There is a huge job fair coming up on the 24th at the Pavillion at the beach, its supposed

to be the biggest of the year and there are alot of employers listed.

Also if you go online to Monster.com and Careerbuilder.com, register there, and fill out a resume there

are alot of manufacturing positions out there, especially for different levels of management, skilled trades, and lean manufacturing positions like Six Sigma which pay very well.

So there are good paying jobs out there to be had, especially if you are open to relocation but even in this area, Norfolk Southern is hiring, Alcoa, Stihl, Mitsubishi Chemicals, Northrop Grumman, Mearsk, Geico, USAA, Amerigroup, just to name a few.

At least it looks like we are coming out at a pretty good time to be looking for something, it could be alot worse.

It looks like for alot of the buyout options other then the 2 early retirement ones that they are shooting for

Dec 31st as the Last Day Worked date which based on our current schedule which actually be the 8th for 2nd shift and the 15th for 3rd shift. Then your actual date of termination would be the following day....MAYBE*!

I love their disclaimer at the bottom of the page though.....

* Effective dates for authorized applicants beginning on 1/1/07 until 9/1/2007 based on timing

of transfers and operational considerations.

In guess in other words UNTIL you have your specific "TERMINATION DATE" in writing in your hand you could

theoretically be stuck here until next September, but Im hoping they will want to get rid of as many of us

who are ready to go right now to thin the herd asap.

So for any who can be out by then I would think you should have your checks by the 3rd week or the end of January. That is what I am hoping for anyway !

God Bless and good luck to everyone as we move on after Ford.

Im looking forward to a GREAT 2007, with a fresh start, new career, and new area of the country to

get to know. :happy feet:

Edited by F150MANBDV

One of the ladies from VEC told us Tuesday that because of the extended down

time we were required to register now with the VEC but we could do that online

which was pretty easy to do.

Im hoping Ill be gone by Jan 1st so I wont have to deal with that BS about

having to file each week with 3 applications.

The job fair was ok today, not great, I was expecting alot more.

There is a huge job fair coming up on the 24th at the Pavillion at the beach, its supposed

to be the biggest of the year and there are alot of employers listed.

Also if you go online to Monster.com and Careerbuilder.com, register there, and fill out a resume there

are alot of manufacturing positions out there, especially for different levels of management, skilled trades, and lean manufacturing positions like Six Sigma which pay very well.

So there are good paying jobs out there to be had, especially if you are open to relocation but even in this area, Norfolk Southern is hiring, Alcoa, Stihl, Mitsubishi Chemicals, Northrop Grumman, Mearsk, Geico, USAA, Amerigroup, just to name a few.

At least it looks like we are coming out at a pretty good time to be looking for something, it could be alot worse.

It looks like for alot of the buyout options other then the 2 early retirement ones that they are shooting for

Dec 31st as the Last Day Worked date which based on our current schedule which actually be the 8th for 2nd shift and the 15th for 3rd shift. Then your actual date of termination would be the following day....MAYBE*!

I love their disclaimer at the bottom of the page though.....

* Effective dates for authorized applicants beginning on 1/1/07 until 9/1/2007 based on timing

of transfers and operational considerations.

In guess in other words UNTIL you have your specific "TERMINATION DATE" in writing in your hand you could

theoretically be stuck here until next September, but Im hoping they will want to get rid of as many of us

who are ready to go right now to thin the herd asap.

So for any who can be out by then I would think you should have your checks by the 3rd week or the end of January. That is what I am hoping for anyway !

God Bless and good luck to everyone as we move on after Ford.

Im looking forward to a GREAT 2007, with a fresh start, new career, and new area of the country to

get to know. :happy feet:

The people who want the cash/educ. buyouts will be the last to go, they will need the transfers first to get the 3rd shift at DTP up and running before NAP shuts down, so therfore transfers go first, then they will go by senority to get to their one shift number. Lower senority will close NAP.

Edited by Bigcountry

I went to the afternoon meeting yesterday, and went back today to get questions answered. I came home, pretty much empty handed with a "Talk to labor relations" and a bunch of rumors.

One official from the international union said that if I signed up for a buyout I'd be gone by the 1st of the year.

Completely on the other hand I was told that those that take the $100K would be staying till then end. This was second hand information from Local VP susposedly from Ken MacFarland. I also could not nail down information regarding backing out once you sign up for a buyout. Someone that has previously taken the buyout may have that information in their retirement package, if so please provide and enlighten the rest of us.

People that opt for a transfer will actually be leaving first so they can back fill at the Rouge. I was told 700 people could (or have) elected to buyout or retire from the Rouge and that people from NAP would be needed imeadiately to backfill those positions.

Retirees would be the second group that gets to leave from NAP, based on seniority.

BTW -- For DTPM and Dearborn Derek today everytime Dearborn Truck Plant was mentioned it was referred to as 'The Rouge' so I'd suspect you're right people may not end up in the truck plant but other facilities at the Rouge.

BTW -- Could someone please PM (or post) me with an explaination of what we are going to be required to do with/for the VEC. If we are TLO'd from Ford do we have to seek employement? Also Joe Lee said that once we go to one shift the schedule is steady work no more down weeks.

I guess my current plan is to sign up for the buyout and back out if I don't like the termination date, then ride it out till the end......

Well, hopefully starting at 7am Monday morning we will all start to get some

hard facts instead of all this insane, second-guessing BS.

I was re-reading that one handout that I got, specifically page 8 of 9, paragraph 5

on the STEP.

5 Q: Can I leave early if I accept the STEP( $100k ) ?

A : It is expected all terminations will be effective no later than what is indicated

on the supplemental information sheet. ( 1/1 to 9/1/2007 ).....

It does go on to say that exit dates dont have to be on the 1st of the month

so that should help open up exit dates to get people out the door more quickly.

A real good number to get now would be if someone could find out NAP projected

production numbers now into 2007. That should give a more realisitic picture of what

is going to happen down the line.

All I want is a REAL date for my "Last-Day Worked" so I can

go from there and start to make some real plans to relocate !

Good luck to all.

These last 3 weeks for 3rd shift should be a real hoot.....!

I went to the afternoon meeting yesterday, and went back today to get questions answered. I came home, pretty much empty handed with a "Talk to labor relations" and a bunch of rumors.

One official from the international union said that if I signed up for a buyout I'd be gone by the 1st of the year.

Completely on the other hand I was told that those that take the $100K would be staying till then end. This was second hand information from Local VP susposedly from Ken MacFarland. I also could not nail down information regarding backing out once you sign up for a buyout. Someone that has previously taken the buyout may have that information in their retirement package, if so please provide and enlighten the rest of us.

People that opt for a transfer will actually be leaving first so they can back fill at the Rouge. I was told 700 people could (or have) elected to buyout or retire from the Rouge and that people from NAP would be needed imeadiately to backfill those positions.

Retirees would be the second group that gets to leave from NAP, based on seniority.

BTW -- For DTPM and Dearborn Derek today everytime Dearborn Truck Plant was mentioned it was referred to as 'The Rouge' so I'd suspect you're right people may not end up in the truck plant but other facilities at the Rouge.

BTW -- Could someone please PM (or post) me with an explaination of what we are going to be required to do with/for the VEC. If we are TLO'd from Ford do we have to seek employement? Also Joe Lee said that once we go to one shift the schedule is steady work no more down weeks.

I guess my current plan is to sign up for the buyout and back out if I don't like the termination date, then ride it out till the end......

my husband was told from the people at the "dearborn truck table" that the transfers would go only to the truck plant.

I was told by one of the union reps, so you can take that for what's it worth, that the 1st thing the Company wanted to do was get the people eligible for retirement and the people signing up for the early retirements out the door and off the books. They wanted to do that by the end of this year and have them gone by the 1st of the year. Then the people that want to transfer would be the next group to leave, and they would do that in blocks of 100, like maybe 200 each month till they were all transferred. So that would leave the people that take the buy out offers and people that didn't sign up for anything left to run the plant till it closes. With over 500 people eligible to retire and probably more signing up for the early retirement, and the amount of people that want to transfer that he's hearing about, you can pretty much bet the people that take the buy out will be there till the last day the plant is open. He even said they may have to bring in TPT's to back fill some jobs, if the amount of people transfer that are talking about it. I’m like you F150MANBDV, I was hoping to take the buy out and get the hell out of there but I think we’ll be there till they close the doors. It's going to be one SCREWED up mess in there, and I’m NOT looking forward to it!!!

I was told by one of the union reps, so you can take that for what's it worth, that the 1st thing the Company wanted to do was get the people eligible for retirement and the people signing up for the early retirements out the door and off the books. They wanted to do that by the end of this year and have them gone by the 1st of the year. Then the people that want to transfer would be the next group to leave, and they would do that in blocks of 100, like maybe 200 each month till they were all transferred. So that would leave the people that take the buy out offers and people that didn't sign up for anything left to run the plant till it closes. With over 500 people eligible to retire and probably more signing up for the early retirement, and the amount of people that want to transfer that he's hearing about, you can pretty much bet the people that take the buy out will be there till the last day the plant is open. He even said they may have to bring in TPT's to back fill some jobs, if the amount of people transfer that are talking about it. I’m like you F150MANBDV, I was hoping to take the buy out and get the hell out of there but I think we’ll be there till they close the doors. It's going to be one SCREWED up mess in there, and I’m NOT looking forward to it!!!

I hear you brother....lets hope if that is the case they call in as many TPT's as they can to be able to let guys like us be able to move on, I just got through this afternoon to the HR director for an out of the area company that I would love to get into and in fact Ive already done a phone interview with so it is going to really suck if it turns out that they blow this opportunity for me because they wont let me go....how many people are in the same boat....talk about being pissed off workers....you would think that would dawn on them but I guess that is giving them too much credit for intelligence or they just wont give a shit.

You're right, if that is the case its going to be hell in there and I wont be looking forward to it either !

If we had better people in the hall we wouldn't ask dumb questions all the time. Our hall has never kept

us unformed for the last 4 years. The unemployment benefits has nothing to do with a deal that Ford and

the union made. Its a law in Va. that state anyone drawing benefits has to be on the unemployment

rolls. So we have to deal with it.

Im ready to get back to work also cause my wife is driving me up the wall. I would like to collect my $100k ASAP, but I wouldn't be upset if I worked until the gates closed either. That would give me time to save up some more money and pay off the rest of my bills.

Its gonna be a big cluster :censored: once people start retiring and transferring trying to get the people left to run the only shift. People are gonna get stuck on jobs they dont like and there will be alot of bitching and moaning. :baby: At least I will be working day shift come January if they haven't let me go by then.

Dude, please do not start this bullshit. I personally spoke with all four representatives from DTP that were here. We are going to DTP. PLAIN & SIMPLE. LIKE IT OR NOT. They told me DTP was looking at getting us out there in two waves. To fill all the empty spots due to the buyout interest there (January) and then to staff the third shift (March/ April). We will be placed accordingly to what we know, i. e. departments. The 18 month moratorium was brought up(job churning) and they put us to ease telling us that only pertains to shift bumping. If our seniority allows us a posted job it's ours.They told us they couldn't wait for us to get there.BTW, I think you're confusing Dearborn Derek with someone else on here.He's one of the most reasonable people on this forum

Dude, please do not start this bullshit. I personally spoke with all four representatives from DTP that were here. We are going to DTP. PLAIN & SIMPLE. LIKE IT OR NOT. They told me DTP was looking at getting us out there in two waves. To fill all the empty spots due to the buyout interest there (January) and then to staff the third shift (March/ April). We will be placed accordingly to what we know, i. e. departments. The 18 month moratorium was brought up(job churning) and they put us to ease telling us that only pertains to shift bumping. If our seniority allows us a posted job it's ours.They told us they couldn't wait for us to get there.BTW, I think you're confusing Dearborn Derek with someone else on here.He's one of the most reasonable people on this forum

Wow, thanks for the kind words and if anyone coming up needs any info or a realator just PM me. I'll do whatever I can to help make the transition a little better. Sounds like they are telling you guys more than they are us. I had not even heard about the 700 leaving (allthough I thought it would be close to that). Best of luck to all.

Maybe you got more info than I did. I'm not transfering anyway...

I didn't even see a DTP table. I went to the afternoon meeting Tuesday and went back on Wednesday afternoon for personnal Q & A. The large white guy from the NESC that did most of the presentation on day one was gone and he was the person I wanted to talk too. Rumor had it he had to catch a flight for the next plants meetings.

Good luck with your transfer!

Maybe you got more info than I did. I'm not transfering anyway...

I didn't even see a DTP table. I went to the afternoon meeting Tuesday and went back on Wednesday afternoon for personnal Q & A. The large white guy from the NESC that did most of the presentation on day one was gone and he was the person I wanted to talk too. Rumor had it he had to catch a flight for the next plants meetings.

Good luck with your transfer!

Sorry if my words were somewhat harsh. I hope you can understand, that, no matter what decision any of us are making, it still is stressful, and to have armchair experts on here,who essentially are telling you what they THINK, not KNOW to be facts, does not help anyone. DTP had set up a table very indiscretely on Wednesday(It seems our local didn't want them really advertising the fact that they were there- I guess to protect the feelings of those who a transfer was not an option?) My best to you and your family as well. Peace. Edited by jerseyshore