Upgrade from Lariat

Denao_53

Hey Guys,

Has anyone changed the model level after you have been assigned a priority?  I'm at priority 2 but after talking with my sales manager today, I decided to drop Adaptive Steering, and anything I can get done locally. Even with that, he said I might be lucky to get this by mid-march.  I'm number 9 in the allotment. I Now I think I would like to upgrade to King Ranch or Platinum. Those both have massaging or Active Motion seats. f I change to the King Ranch or Platinum, will that affect my order status? My only concern is with the King Ranch and maybe the Platinum have the power-running boards.  In upstate NY with snow and ice, might this be problem?  For those that have the power running boards, are they a plus or minus?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

Hey Guys,

Has anyone changed the model level after you have been assigned a priority?  I'm at priority 2 but after talking with my sales manager today, I decided to drop Adaptive Steering, and anything I can get done locally. Even with that, he said I might be lucky to get this by mid-march.  I'm number 9 in the allotment. I Now I think I would like to upgrade to King Ranch or Platinum. Those both have massaging or Active Motion seats. f I change to the King Ranch or Platinum, will that affect my order status? My only concern is with the King Ranch and maybe the Platinum have the power-running boards.  In upstate NY with snow and ice, might this be problem?  For those that have the power running boards, are they a plus or minus?

Thanks!

When at priority 2, when making changes to an order, they have to be made by the Ford Regional Office, or your priority returns to 10.

I have a F-450 KR with Ultimate package (includes the massage seats). The power running boards were not standard on my KR - Note: mine is a Canadian truck, so the US options may be different. Might want to check with the 22MY SD Order Guide as to the standard option for KR running boards. In the top menu, they are the 3rd tab from the left.

I changed from Lariat to Lariat Ultimate after I was already a priority 02. It was a pain in the butt to get it done. The regional rep had to get the change in and forced it back to priority 02. Sounds easy but it took me weeks to get the stupid order changed and I was told several times that Ford denied the request. If you have a vin assigned it seems to be even harder. Good luck with getting a truck before April at this point. They aren’t scheduling for another 2 weeks and it looks like they are already into Feb build weeks. Add shipping into the order and it’s 4-5 weeks after the build to get the truck. And that’s if you are not held up. I would assume that a change is going to screw up your timing. 

Ardvark666

I forgot to ask yesterday what my priority was (is) and I know my sales rep and I believe the sales manager are out today.  When I asked the sales manager about this, he said it shouldn't change my priority. He let the regional rep know that not only removed a few commodities but I was also changing from Lariat to King Ranch.  

We'll wait and see. 

16 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

I changed from Lariat to Lariat Ultimate after I was already a priority 02. It was a pain in the butt to get it done. The regional rep had to get the change in and forced it back to priority 02. Sounds easy but it took me weeks to get the stupid order changed and I was told several times that Ford denied the request. If you have a vin assigned it seems to be even harder. Good luck with getting a truck before April at this point. They aren’t scheduling for another 2 weeks and it looks like they are already into Feb build weeks. Add shipping into the order and it’s 4-5 weeks after the build to get the truck. And that’s if you are not held up. I would assume that a change is going to screw up your timing. 

I pulled AS, spray in bedliner, and rolling tonneau cover from mine when I was already at a priority 02. My dealer got the regional rep on the phone and she advised that those would “help speed up the process”, but mine being a 450, there are other things that are holding it up. The regional rep was able to make the changes on the phone and by the end of the day, I was back at priority 02. They can do it as long as your order isn’t “locked in”. Not sure how it will ultimately affect your place in line though. Too many different opinions to sift through on here about it. I think the moderators have put out info about how it works, but I don’t know what to believe anymore. ? Good luck. Hope we all get good news about our trucks sooner than later

15 hours ago, EA1205 said:

I pulled AS, spray in bedliner, and rolling tonneau cover from mine when I was already at a priority 02. My dealer got the regional rep on the phone and she advised that those would “help speed up the process”, but mine being a 450, there are other things that are holding it up. The regional rep was able to make the changes on the phone and by the end of the day, I was back at priority 02. They can do it as long as your order isn’t “locked in”. Not sure how it will ultimately affect your place in line though. Too many different opinions to sift through on here about it. I think the moderators have put out info about how it works, but I don’t know what to believe anymore. ? Good luck. Hope we all get good news about our trucks sooner than later

I think it’s locked in once you get a vin. But I think you can remove options but not add or change the trim. 

The good news is, I just found out from my dealer that my priority code is 10 but will be reassigned to 02 next week.  Unfortunately there are also 8 other SuperDuty's with the same priority.  They said they are only getting 1 SD next month and my order will not likely get scheduled until March or April at the earliest .  I've waited since august and have tried to be patient but it looks like it's going to be a long winter.  Hopefully there will be better news in the next few months. Even with a March or April build will I even see this by May?

2 hours ago, 4KingAceHold said:

I thought long and hard about changing from Ultimate Lariat to Platinum but decided not to pull the trigger. This truck has everything I could possibly want/need less massaging seats. Wish there were plattys on the lot so I could try them out. 

For the massaging seats the KR Ultimate is also an option.

• Like 1