MKZ Transmission

Chief77

Over on Edmunds people are saying that the MKZ has the old Zephyr Aisin Transmission and not the

new 6F, I really did some research on the new 6F transmission and it sounded great, and now after

touting the new transmission in their sales pitch, it seems Lincoln pulled a fast one and left the Aisin

6 speed in until at least next year, feeling a little ripped off if true.

Chief

Over on Edmunds people are saying that the MKZ has the old Zephyr Aisin Transmission and not the

new 6F, I really did some research on the new 6F transmission and it sounded great, and now after

touting the new transmission in their sales pitch, it seems Lincoln pulled a fast one and left the Aisin

Chief

Chief, I'm not sure which box is being used on the MKZ, but I have over 11,000 miles on a Zephyr with the AW box. I can tell you I am picky person but I am very, very satisfied with this transmission. It shifts smoothly, and is always in the right gear. Never hunting, even at low throttle.

I've never heard of any problems with AW transmissions used in Ford products.

From my standpoint, getting the AW vs. the 6F should be no problem at all unless you are concerned over country of origin.

Chief

I heard the MKZ was supposed to have the new transmission also. I guess GM and Ford both develpoed the new transmission and it is supposed to be GREAT. That is messed up if it is true. Let me know!

Chief

You scared me, Chief. Check these out:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef26649

http://www.answers.com/topic/lincoln-mkz

http://www.answers.com/topic/gm-ford-6-spe...ic-transmission

My information that the Aisin unit is being used came from a Ford transmission engineer. Not sure why iluvford feels the need for any further confirmation.

Akirby, you are right. The only reason I wasn't sure is because there is still printed material (even a Ford media release) that the 6F50 will be in the MKZ, but I also confirmed that all of the 06's will have Aisin.

I called our local Lincoln service department and they said all the service manuals and parts catalogs say Aisin.

Oh well, it is still a good tranny. Thanks!

Chief

Dan, we've confirmed with Ford that the Aisin F21 6-speed automatic is the

transmission used for 2007 MKZ. Our contact at Product Development advised

the plan is to use the Aisin transmission through at least the 2008 model

year.

I was unable to find any reference in Lincoln's product information to the

new 6F transmission being used on MKZ.

here is the answer I got from the dealer

Chief

Chief

Heres the link below stating the MKZ about the new transmission FEB 23rd 2006

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=22739