Tonneau with Kayak racks

Anybody using a Bakflip MX4 hard folding tonneau with the Adarac Pro Series Aluminum Ladder Rack? 

Live in the rainy PNW so like to keep a tonneau on all the time but would love to be able to throw the kayaks on top while pulling the travel trailer. Any other systems that are working well for people?

I have a factory order retractable tonneau on my 2021 F-450. From my use of the Ford retractable tonneau, I'd have to say - it's a great product. I also have the factory 5th wheel hitch package and for anybody who is wondering - no issue closing the tonneau cover - even when the hitch is set in the highest position. I purchashed the Rino rack system to fir the T slot in the Ford tonneau cover and it fits perfectly. I carry two 12 ft. kayaks with this set up (using J rack kayak holders) and I have no concerns. One of the things I like about this set up is how quickly you can put the racks on and take them off.

48 minutes ago, Outlander said:

I have a factory order retractable tonneau on my 2021 F-450. From my use of the Ford retractable tonneau, I'd have to say - it's a great product. I also have the factory 5th wheel hitch package and for anybody who is wondering - no issue closing the tonneau cover - even when the hitch is set in the highest position. I purchashed the Rino rack system to fir the T slot in the Ford tonneau cover and it fits perfectly. I carry two 12 ft. kayaks with this set up (using J rack kayak holders) and I have no concerns. One of the things I like about this set up is how quickly you can put the racks on and take them off.

That’s awesome to hear. Any trouble with the reliability of the retractable cover? I was looking at the Retrax and maybe the Overhaul HD from Yakima. I’ll have to check out the Rhino racks. 

The retrax tonneau cover (slides back) with the t-slots allows other attachments for kayaks racks.

Renegade tonneau cover (Tri fold) is the most durable and has even more options. It will hold 2000lbs on top of it. And will accept all the same attachments as the retrax.