2022 F350 SRW King Ranch CCSB Anitmatter Blue/Stone Gray

787Toolman

Hello All,

I'm a newbie to this forum, I've been on other forums many years ago for F150s (F150 Online) but that was from many years ago.  I currently drive a 2017 F350 CCSB Platinum in Ruby Red 6.7L Diesel, I love this truck and have had almost zero issues since buying it.  I only have 45k miles on my 2017 but I'm trading up for a newly ordered 2022 F350 CCSB King Ranch in Antimatter Blue/Stone Grey 6.7L Diesel.  I originally ordered my new truck on December 7th, 2021, a 2022 F350 CCSB Platinum in Rapid Red and 6.7L Diesel with Adaptive Steering, 5th wheel prep and spray in bed liner with a ton of other options but after two weeks on order, Ford notified the dealer that those three options would create a 29-week delay.  Dealer asked if I'd be willing to drop the three options causing the delay, I decided to live without Adaptive Steering and 5th wheel prep, I can get spray in bed liner at local LineX dealer for $550.  Dealer created a new build sheet without the three options listed but then I noticed the base price for my order increased by $1295 despite dropping over $2k in options price reduction was only about $800.  Salesman told me I'd have to eat the price increase, but I know the sales manager and he said absolutely they'd honor the original base price, so I was glad about that.  A few days later, I decided to switch my order to a King Ranch in Rapid Red with Stone Grey Trim, I've had three F150 King Ranch trucks and loved them all, so the dealer did that and submitted a third build sheet.  Finally, while waiting for the order to be confirmed by Ford, I was continuing to look at colors and features and I just was not in love with the Rapid Red like I was with my Ruby Red 2017, so I decided to change colors to Antimatter Blue with Stone Grey Trim, and I didn't like too much chrome, so I didn't select the chrome package.  On January 13th, I got an email from Ford that my new 2022 F350 King Ranch was scheduled for production and that it would be built the week of February the 14th, I was really blown away after reading all the horror stories from this and many other forums.  Incidentally and the night before I got the email from Ford, I was doing even more research and decided to drop the options splash guards, PTO provisions and wheel well liners as I found the wheel well liners online and I was willing to install them myself and save 50%.  Dealer sales manager texted me back and said too late, the order on their morning reviews for a few days and he said it will be scheduled any moment now, a few minutes later, I got the email from Ford, lol.  In summary, dealer got their final build sheet to Ford for the F350 CCSB King Ranch on 12/29/2021, I changed colors from Rapid Red to Antimatter Blue/Stone Grey on 1/4/2022, Ford scheduled for production on 1/13/2022 and they acknowledged order on 12/29/2021, apparently the color change was rolled in since it was entered on 1/4/2022.  If that doesn't make you dizzy, well not much does.

One final comment, I've been searching online, in forums, in forum galleries, digging thru posts and reading but I swear I have yet to find the exact truck I'm ordering in pictures, always something very close but never the exact exterior options I was wanting to see before I decided.  Ford's website pictures of Antimatter Blue I think are Blue Jeans.  I recently found a few pictures on this forum that are the closest pictures of what I ordered, and I was not disappointed in what I saw and am still so far excited to get into my new truck.  A Ford dealer called Akin's Ford in Atlanta area have some nice YouTube videos on trucks with Antimatter Blue and they are absolutely gorgeous to me at least.

As I learn more, and get closer to delivery, I'll post updates.  After delivery, I'll post pictures.  I want to get a few photos of my '17 Platinum F350 in Ruby Red next to my new '22 King Ranch F350 in Antimatter/Stone Grey at the dealer before I take delivery of the new truck.

I apologize for the long post, I guess part of this is my introduction. I've been told more than once I talk too much before and my emails are too long, lol.

Below is my build sheet, my build sheet shows I'm at Priority 10, price level 245.  My dealer said they are selling at MSRP, will not honor any discount plans despite having access to at least one from my employer.  Other Ford dealer in town says absolutely no discounts on Super Duty trucks, MSRP or you can go somewhere else and that there are some dealers selling at $3k-$5k over MSRP.  My price should drop by $1295 since price increase happened next day after I placed my order for Platinum as explained earlier.

image.png.b32c0d96ef34e48240455d9506411300.png

787Toolman

• 787Toolman changed the title to 2022 F350 King Ranch CCSB Anitmatter Blue/Stone Gray

I flip flopped on color choice as well to the point I was almost missing the days of walking onto a lot and picking what was on the lot in terms of color.   

I also submitted order on 12/7/21.  Lariat F350 CCLB DRW.  I have gooseneck prep.  Haven't heard anything from dealer about delay or it  getting scheduled yet.    Yours went to build quickly.

Hello RFT2112, what color did you end up with? I too struggled with a color choice too and decided on Antimatter Blue/Stone Gray but it wasn’t my first choice.  I love the look of candy apple red on just about anything but the Rapid Red has an orange tint I just didn’t care for.  The Ruby Red was the closest to candy apple red IMHO.  I played with the idea of star white/stone grey but a white truck is just too common plus $595 more.  I didn’t care for any of the other colors as a main body color and I’m not a huge fan of excessive chrome.

Take care and thanks for your reply, good luck with your order.  Have you discussed the price increase with your dealer?

787Toolman

• 787Toolman changed the title to 2022 F350 SRW King Ranch CCSB Anitmatter Blue/Stone Gray

So 787Toolman;  I had some trouble with colors with my King Ranch also.  I've had 4 Kings over the years,  usually the darker browns/reds.  The MY 22 colors are

somewhat limited I think with the King Ranch package.  So I switched it out for the 2 tone White.  Its a awesome truck no matter what color!  Enjoy yours soon I hope.  Rob

Heres my ride.  They did a Armor All Ceramic Coat,  well worth it.

DSC05090.JPG

Hello d232799,

Thanks for your reply, your truck is absolutely gorgeous and if not for the Antimatter Blue, that’s exactly what I was going to select.  Yeah, like you I’ve owned several KRs and always in the bronze/brown color with two tone.  Enjoy your truck and I’ll see you around the forum I’m sure.  I did see your truck pictures before and are very sweet looking.

787Toolman

• Like 1