MN Governor is coming to Dearborn on 04 January

robertlane

Big Deal! Like there wont be a big parade of these types hitting Detroit in the next few weeks. All of the states can and will make that deal. Its about the $$$ that a plant can produce for the mother ship and TC aint it. There going to keep the Hydro plant and delevope the rest of that river front. That small piece of land has more value as an enterprise zone then an auto plant. Kiss it goodby Gov. and come back with a plan to develope that river front.

Big Deal! Like there wont be a big parade of these types hitting Detroit in the next few weeks. All of the states can and will make that deal. Its about the $$$ that a plant can produce for the mother ship and TC aint it. There going to keep the Hydro plant and delevope the rest of that river front. That small piece of land has more value as an enterprise zone then an auto plant. Kiss it goodby Gov. and come back with a plan to develope that river front.

Exactly! Pawlenty is an idiot anyway. Far too little and way too late! TCAP is now the smallest and the oldest. The only capitol investment lately has been plywood on the floors which will come in handy if we get a hurricane after it closes... I'm not holding my breath.

No matter what you or anyone else thinks of Gov. Pawlenty, at least the man is trying. Let's just hope he is trying his best, and making a substantial offer.

If you are going to give up and just wait for the plant to close, you may as well quit now and find work elsewhere. I know there isn't much we can do to stop what may happen, but I think going to work EACH and EVERY DAY and showing some faith will help do wonders for the morale in the plant.

Ever heard of the power of positive thinking? Try it.

Why roll over and play dead? Humans have fought to the bitter end, even if they looked like it was the end. The Marines fought on Wake Island until the end, the Navy fought at Pearl Harbor, the Army fought at Little Big Horn. Find a place to fight, or fall on your own sword! John Paul Jones said, "I will never give up the ship, I have just begun to fight!"

At least the Union has been working on this, I'm proud of our Union Leadership! At least the govenor is doing something! Do something, instead of whinning.

E-85 ethanol fuel is widely know to reduce gas milage by 15%. hope this governor isnt pushing for THAT. using acetone (2oz./ 10 gal.) will raise milage and and make the car run better. i just introduced my bro-in-law's diesel mercedes to acectone and he gained 4.5 mpg avg. on the very first tank of fuel. see www.smartgas.net for questions.

E-85 ethanol fuel is widely know to reduce gas milage by 15%. hope this governor isnt pushing for THAT. using acetone (2oz./ 10 gal.) will raise milage and and make the car run better. i just introduced my bro-in-law's diesel mercedes to acectone and he gained 4.5 mpg avg. on the very first tank of fuel. see www.smartgas.net for questions.

What about carbureated engines? How will that work?

No matter what you or anyone else thinks of Gov. Pawlenty, at least the man is trying. Let's just hope he is trying his best, and making a substantial offer.

If you are going to give up and just wait for the plant to close, you may as well quit now and find work elsewhere. I know there isn't much we can do to stop what may happen, but I think going to work EACH and EVERY DAY and showing some faith will help do wonders for the morale in the plant.

Ever heard of the power of positive thinking? Try it.

:lol: Mav, you're funny for not having a sense of humor. Chill out, Pawlenty is still an idiot and should have done this a long time ago. If he didn't go at all (too late or not) he would definitely not get re-elected. I am hopeful just like the next person, but I have no "faith" in politicians or the corporate fat cats that got us in this predicament. If you knew who I am you would already know that I'm here EACH and EVERY DAY and actually work for a living. As far as "positive thinking", I am positive that no matter what happens, I will be fine, how about you?

Hey Bored, acetone works fine in carb engines and injected. ;)

Apparently there was a memo via email to an idividual in the plant from one of the Pawlenty people stating that the purpose for the visit was to invite Ford to MN for joint work on alternative fuels (E-85, biodiesel, etc.) and had nothing to St Paul, TCAP or the building itself specifically. Sounds like a plan B to me. I guess we'll have to see what the spin is on the 6:00 news... <_<

:lol: Mav, you're funny for not having a sense of humor. Chill out, Pawlenty is still an idiot and should have done this a long time ago. If he didn't go at all (too late or not) he would definitely not get re-elected. I am hopeful just like the next person, but I have no "faith" in politicians or the corporate fat cats that got us in this predicament. If you knew who I am you would already know that I'm here EACH and EVERY DAY and actually work for a living. As far as "positive thinking", I am positive that no matter what happens, I will be fine, how about you?

Hey Bored, acetone works fine in carb engines and injected. ;)

Hey, sorry for my lack of a sense of humor, but I get a bit riled when people type on here how "small" and "old" and "outdated" our plant is. I don't want to see anyone lose their jobs, and I certainly don't see what good it does to bad-mouth other plants. Don't judge another plant unless you've been there. I also see way too many people in this plant who don't seem to care whether or not they come to work each day, or when they are there, whether or not they do quality work. Luckily, these people are outnumbered by those who do care, but the some of the attitudes I see are pretty pathetic. Sorry to be harsh, but I still say, if you don't like it, find somewhere else to work.

Now supposedly, Gov. Pawlenty has been working on a plan to help this plant for several years. So he says. If so, great. If not, if this is just a ploy to get our votes, then shame on him. I guess we may never know the truth. I do think that he should have involved more political parties, namely Sen. Dayton and St. Paul's new mayor, Chris Coleman. They should have accompanied him on this trip. But what do I know, I'm just an autoworker........

And as for my positive thinking, I know there are better days ahead. No matter what.

Does this really work? It won't hurt O2 sensors or anything?

No harm to O2 sensors or anything else. This just causes gasoline/diesel to burn more completely. You will also have cleaner emissions no matter what fuel you burn. I'd start at 1 ounce per 10 gallons and work your way up , just keep monitoring your mileage at all times. Also add the acetone every other tankful so you don't end up with a higher ratio over time which could actually lower your mileage. Straight acetone is about 150 octane (just for trivia) ;)

What about carbureated engines? How will that work?

yes it works in all gas & diesel. over 50 yrs in use by author of article,www.smartgas.net,,check it out it works, it is an enabler, causing all of the fuel to burn efficiently thus raising fuel mpg and reducing emissions per mile. causes no harmful effects or wear,the petrol companies know about it but it would cut their profits if we all increased our mpg by 30%,(buying 30% less gas !!!) so they make up false stories about the damaging effects to save shareholder value. think about it, if they are pushing for ethanol,which reduces milage by 15%,they claim its cleaner,but you have to buy and burn 15% more to cover the same amount of miles per tank,THATS more pollution per tank than a fuel efficient engine no mater how clean the tailpipe is at one moment of time.its also more profit for them. simple logic works here,dont listen to the marketing nerds,they get paid to get you to buy product ...PERIOD.,,it doesnt have to be truthful.look what the tobacco industry did for years,lied about addiction in cigarettes,then it came out 20 yrs later .we all can think of examples of false marketing stated on news programs as "facts", just look at the recent stuff on this site about TOYOTA fudging their "facts".