Plowing Impressions

d232799

First real plowing with my 2022 King was awesome.  I've been plowing with a 8 1/2 ft Fisher V for almost 20 years with 3 other F350's.  By far this is the nicest to plow with.  With the selective drive modes I've found the deep snow/sand keeps the rev's at a nice level to push some significant amount of snow.  I do my parking lot and push 300 ft distances piling the snow high with the scoop mode.  This tranny is always in the correct gear and rev's better than my 2015 King did.  Also this truck backs up crazy fast with the 4.10 rear end and the Godzilla motor.  Winner for sure.

• Like 1

I can definitely feel the difference pushing snow with the 7.3 compared to my old 2019 with the smaller engine. Cleaned up around 3-4 inches on my 1100' road this past weekend. No sweat.

The ride is very different too with and without the plow, in a good way. I've also noticed the front doesn't squat as much when the blade is lifted. We'll see once it gets broken in after hitting snowbanks all winter. lol j/k

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The truck plows like a bear but I do have one gripe/annoyance with the 22 f250, front end ride height. When traveling with the plow on I'm scraping way too much. Any kind of dip in the road or raised driveway apron, the blade hits hard. Not just light scraping I occasionally had with the 2019. Running the same Fisher 8 1/2' Stainless XV2.

I realize this truck is 1" lower which probably means to remedy it's gonna need some sort of lift to get the blade up. And if I lift the front then I need to do the same to the rear or it's gonna look off. Not something I wanted to do but I don't see any other way to resolve this.

Adirondex,  I have had 4   F350s,  this is the best hands down.  Same plow as you on the last 4 trucks and I haven't touched the road yet.  Must be the F250's are just that little bit

closer than my 350.   I'm also loving my LED lights on the truck and plow.

20 hours ago, d232799 said:

Adirondex,  I have had 4   F350s,  this is the best hands down.  Same plow as you on the last 4 trucks and I haven't touched the road yet.  Must be the F250's are just that little bit

closer than my 350.   I'm also loving my LED lights on the truck and plow.

I was under the impression front springs are the same for 250/350's with snowplow prep package, only rear springs are different. Neighbor has a 22 f350, I'll take some measurements.

Are you running ballast in the bed? I haven't put the sandbags in yet because I needed to haul wood. Will probably do that this week and maybe it will bring the front up some. We'll see.

The Intensifire LED's were not available when I bought my plow. Looked into adding a set for around a grand, OUCH! They gotta be way better. 

Hi Adirondex,   yes I run around with about 1000 lbs in the bed.  The LED plow lights are like night and day compared to the old Halogens i had on my 2015 plow.

My plow man said its like 32 feet of extra wiring and several hours of work but he got paid.  Heating elements are the big cost since the LED bulbs don't put out any heat

so to keep them clear they have heating wires.  I was also told the new V-plow I got in Aug jumped $1000 in October.   Rob

On 2/6/2022 at 9:04 AM, Adirondex said:

The truck plows like a bear but I do have one gripe/annoyance with the 22 f250, front end ride height. When traveling with the plow on I'm scraping way too much. Any kind of dip in the road or raised driveway apron, the blade hits hard. Not just light scraping I occasionally had with the 2019. Running the same Fisher 8 1/2' Stainless XV2.

I realize this truck is 1" lower which probably means to remedy it's gonna need some sort of lift to get the blade up. And if I lift the front then I need to do the same to the rear or it's gonna look off. Not something I wanted to do but I don't see any other way to resolve this.

Did you order with the plow package to get the heavy front springs?  I don’t plow but the last 3 I’ve ordered with it.  Figure might bump up the value at selling time. 

Edited by morepower02

15 hours ago, d232799 said:

Hi Adirondex,   yes I run around with about 1000 lbs in the bed.  The LED plow lights are like night and day compared to the old Halogens i had on my 2015 plow.

My plow man said its like 32 feet of extra wiring and several hours of work but he got paid.  Heating elements are the big cost since the LED bulbs don't put out any heat

so to keep them clear they have heating wires.  I was also told the new V-plow I got in Aug jumped $1000 in October.   Rob

1000 lbs is double what Fisher recommends for ballast in my truck. That would definitely raise the front end. I was lucky when I purchased my V-plow. Got my truck at the end of winter so I never plowed until the following season. Installed beginning of May for $6100 plus I got the upfitter rebate on top of that for my LLC which at the time was $1500. It's down to $500 now. If I stumble on an extra $1000 I'll consider adding the LED's lol! Dave

130922964_FisherEngineering-eMatch-BladeInfo.png.6bd8b95895856fea96d197be28086ff8.png

15 hours ago, morepower02 said:

Did you order with the plow package to get the heavy front springs?  I don’t plow but the last 3 I’ve ordered with it.  Figure might bump up the value at selling time. 

Yes I did get the plow package. From what I've read those are the largest front springs available at 5990 lbs.

On 2/8/2022 at 4:44 PM, Adirondex said:

I was under the impression front springs are the same for 250/350's with snowplow prep package, only rear springs are different. Neighbor has a 22 f350, I'll take some measurements.

rear spring has a "helper" spring that engages under heavier loads.  Rest of time it just sits there looking pretty.