Plow Package

Truss57

I am in the process of ordering an F350 4x4 Platinum SRW.  I have no plans on using this truck to plow.  However, the dealer is suggesting that I add the "snowplow prep package" (not a lot of money).  He is saying on a resale down the road it could increase the resale value and make the truck more desirable.  I would do this, but my only concern is ride quality.  The F250/350 ordering guide states that a truck equipped with a plow prep package could have poor ride quality when no plow is in place.  The dealer is telling me it will be fine.....

Those with the plow prep package what are your thoughts? 

Thanks!!

Plow prep package.JPG

Edited by Truss57

I do not plow but I added the snow plow package to the front because I have fabricated my own winch bumpers on different trucks in the past and if I plan on the bumper weighing 150 lb ends up at 300 lb or something stupid ridiculous so I figured a snow plow package may not be a bad thing for this truck.... then I don't have to worry about how heavy I make a bumper???.

She doesn't ride like a Cadillac she rides like a really good comfortable heavy duty truck

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

I do not plow but I added the snow plow package to the front because I have fabricated my own winch bumpers on different trucks in the past and if I plan on the bumper weighing 150 lb ends up at 300 lb or something stupid ridiculous so I figured a snow plow package may not be a bad thing for this truck.... then I don't have to worry about how heavy I make a bumper???.

She doesn't ride like a Cadillac she rides like a really good comfortable heavy duty truck

I think your bumper will be fine, my plow weighs almost a stupid ridiculous 1000lbs. Squats very little when lifting.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:48 PM, Truss57 said:

I am in the process of ordering an F350 4x4 Platinum SRW.  I have no plans on using this truck to plow.  However, the dealer is suggesting that I add the "snowplow prep package" (not a lot of money).  He is saying on a resale down the road it could increase the resale value and make the truck more desirable.  I would do this, but my only concern is ride quality.  The F250/350 ordering guide states that a truck equipped with a plow prep package could have poor ride quality when no plow is in place.  The dealer is telling me it will be fine.....

Those with the plow prep package what are your thoughts? 

Thanks!!

Plow prep package.JPG

I ordered the heavy service front suspension package with my F350 SRW CCSB in the hopes the ride height will be more level from factory, would prefer to avoid lift kits to get level if possible.  I have no plow or never will.  I also ordered the PTO provisions for $280 as this is something very difficult to add later, the transmission case is completely different for PTO provisions.  I'm in SC, but I could sell my truck anywhere in USA with the options I ordered with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adirondex said:

I think your bumper will be fine, my plow weighs almost a stupid ridiculous 1000lbs. Squats very little when lifting.

I know it will be fine with the snow plow package....???

But I have had other trucks without snow plow packages that I have gone a little crazy with on the front bumpers... and you can really feel it in the steering and suspension.

I built this one out of 1/2" main plates, 3/8ths top plate, and 3/16th diamond...... then it tied back on the frame about 2'  I went way stupid Overkill but I figure have I ever ran across that buck in the road I won't have to replace my grill??? that bumper probably weighed 350 to 400 lb

Screenshot_20220125-215803_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220125-220732_Gallery.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
  • Like 1