Ford Maps Future of Fleet Management in CA Wine Country

Equipment World Article.

A quote;

Bevill Vineyard Management owner Duff Bevill says he intends to drive a Lightning Pro for a couple months just out of curiosity. He admits he is not the “workhorse example” in the company and would likely hand it off to another employee who is going to tow things and put 25,000 miles a year on it. 

“I think that would be the valuable data that Ford’s going to gather from monitoring our operations,” Bevill said.

As with most commercial operations, each farm has a business model to plan and budget annually for vehicle replacements. 

"Based on what we all learn on this, if the truck is as reliable as what we've expected in the past, that's all good," Bevill said. In his case, two or three new vehicles are acquired per year as older ones are phased out of service. Over time, that could result in all three of those replacements being electric vehicles. 

WOW! A home run! "two or three new vehicles  a year".  What a wonderful and meaningful sample!

Shades of Nasser!  And the whole program is based on E Transit and Lightning!  On the bright side think of the wonderful trip a few Ford "staffers" got to take setting this wonderful story up in wine country. 

Yes I know-I'm a  skeptic