Tow Technology and On-Board Scales

patsmac14

I just placed an order for a King Ranch 601A.  In my research and placing the order I noticed a mis-match in the information and items included in the Tow Technology package (17T).  In the 2022 Ford F-150 Towing guide (p.8) it lists On-Board Scales as part of the package. On-Board Scales are also included in the package in the 2022 Ford RV & Trailer towing guide (p.19).  When I built my order in the pricing tool, I added Tow Technology then a little later in the build I  added Continuously Controlled Damping  CCD and the system required that I add On-Board Scales and an up-charge.  It seems like I'm paying for On-board scales twice.  Further research in the 2022 Order guide does not include On-board scales in the Tow Technology package.  Is there some one at Ford I can reach out too and get clarification.  I have explained this to the dealer, their focus is selling trucks, not fixing the web site. 

2022 F150 Towing Guide.pdf

2022 Trailer tow guide.pdf

2022 F150 order guide.pdf

Edited by patsmac14

So based on my reading of all the available information the Smart Trailer connector is the 7/4 pin connector that triggers that lets the truck know you have a trailer and thus adjusts BLIS and other settings automatically.

The Tow Technology package is just the pro-trailer backup assist, brake controller, 360 camera, and the Smart Trailer Tow connector.

Trailer Tow Package includes the Tow Technology package equipment except on XL's.  For XL's you have to order both to get all those features, the other trims have some of the Tow Tech package included.

Max Trailer Tow Package is the same as the Trailer Tow Package but also includes upgraded axle ratio and bumper.

The Smart Hitch is the sensor package for the onboard scales.  Not included in any of the above.

Trailer tow mirrors are stand-alone, not included in any of the above.

• 4 weeks later...