2021 Ford Explorer—Quality is no longer with ford.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:04 PM, blwnsmoke said:

Great first post!!

He did the same thing on Edmunds.

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/68042/ford/explorer/2021-ford-explorer-issues-quality-is-no-longer-with-ford

I feel bad if he got a "lemon" if it truly is.  Given the pandemic's effect on many things, from parts, to labor, changes in manufacturing pressures and supply, etc. etc., it's gonna happen.  The old adage still applies when you make thousands and thousands of an item, it is possible to make one not up to spec.  However, most of the time it should be fixable.  When I got my 21 edge, the rear drivers door was noticabely off when closed the gap was terrible.  The little protective sticker on the top of the bumper was also bubbled.  Drivers taillight assembly had water vapor/mist on the lens.  My vehicle was produced Aug 21 as things were opening back up.  So I got a few bad things, and the dealer fixed them all. 

2 hours ago, sigp228 said:

He did the same thing on Edmunds.

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/68042/ford/explorer/2021-ford-explorer-issues-quality-is-no-longer-with-ford

I feel bad if he got a "lemon" if it truly is.  Given the pandemic's effect on many things, from parts, to labor, changes in manufacturing pressures and supply, etc. etc., it's gonna happen.  The old adage still applies when you make thousands and thousands of an item, it is possible to make one not up to spec.  However, most of the time it should be fixable.  When I got my 21 edge, the rear drivers door was noticabely off when closed the gap was terrible.  The little protective sticker on the top of the bumper was also bubbled.  Drivers taillight assembly had water vapor/mist on the lens.  My vehicle was produced Aug 21 as things were opening back up.  So I got a few bad things, and the dealer fixed them all. 

I would think that the constant opening and closing of plants every other week would significantly affect quality. Practice makes perfect not even dealing with workers getting sick and replacements called in. 

On 4/9/2022 at 3:55 PM, FordBuyer said:

I would think that the constant opening and closing of plants every other week would significantly affect quality. Practice makes perfect not even dealing with workers getting sick and replacements called in. 

It might.  I am curious though exactly quality is affected by this.  Only reason I am thinking that way is they still are producing it, just a week or two off here and there from what I see.  I would hope that small amount of time would not let their skillset lapse?  Plus I admit I don't know a thing about manufacturing but would they at least finish building all the vehicles in the line before shutting down?  Or do they leave a painted body hanging on the line and when they start up marry the body/chassis?  It would seem it would make sense to see every vehicle finished before shutting down otherwise something might be missed?  If anything, I tend to think that the quality lapses are because they are rushing things trying to produce as much as they can.   I could be off base on this though.