The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

I just took delivery on my first Lincoln. It's a 2022 Navigator in Flight Blue. The color is great but im not big on chrome. That said, I'm trying to get used to the silver wheels with black pockets and chrome grill but I'm most likely going to black them out. The plan is powdercoat the wheels glossy black, do the same with the front grille except for the light up Lincoln badge. Then I have to decide if I want to wrap the rest of the chrome accents. Any ideas? Mockup image attached.

557E303D-C260-4E14-9F6D-C6A8326B59F5_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.14fea1803749a08a4172a2a4d7b739e0.jpegBlackout.thumb.jpg.2768bf26f903c8b8c56cca24dc706437.jpg

Hi RagingCANE and welcome to the Blue Oval Forums. I am not really a big fan of the blacked out look anymore, but that actually looks pretty good on your Navigator. 

Keep us updated and good luck.

That looks great.  Maybe replace the wheels with the available black 22s, other than that keep us updated in your project.

I always thought vehicles with blacked-out trim and wheels looked like test mules, or the low-end model.

But - to each his own.  I don’t understand buying a new, expensive vehicle that you don’t the looks of and then changing it.  Why didn’t you just buy a vehicle with blacked-out trim?

I like the monochromatic or Black Label special edition packages but didn’t want to wait for one to arrive soninfojnd I’m in transit. Most dealers here are marking them all up and I found one who didn’t. I’ll probably just add black wheels and I ordered the OEM black grill that stil has the chrome surround. I saw a Black Label L Chroma Caviar which was really nice. Dealer added a $22,500 markup to it. 

Check it out

Looks great! I powder coated the wheels and ordered the OEM black grill from the monochromatic package. Once I get that installed I’ll go from there but I am getting used to the rest of the chrome because it is done well on the Nav. 

DE4E551B-3CFD-46F5-9127-98E2FAA2480B.jpeg

It’s looking good. I’m not a fan of chrome either. I definitely prefer the monochromatic look. 

Do you have a pic with the OEM grill? Thinking of ordering this for my Navigator.  It's Starlight Gray. I love the flight blue! Wish I had been able to see the colors in person but inventory was so low when I ordered last November! Is that powder coating more of a matte or gloss finish? I'm a newbie to all of this but I keep my cars FOREVER so wanting to get it just right.

No, I haven’t picked it up yet but it is black glossy. I’m actually selling my Nav because my wife is uncomfortable driving it because it’s so big. If you want to buy the grill let me know. It was special order and I can’t return it. It’s tough to get.