TPMS harness is short

2022 crew cab F350, 8’ bed, trying to install the new TPMS connector with the 12 bed TPMS harness. All was going well until I went to connect the plug and it’s short, about 2 inches! Didn’t have this issue with my 2017 and I’ve never been 2 inches short any other time (I knew this might come up) So I’m under the truck and there is some slack in the harness, forward of the axle! Should I take it to the dealership and let them do this or should start removing the 8 zip ties? 
Always enjoy doing my on installations and this is so frustrating, tried to share the photos. Planning on a trip in 10 days with our Airstream and TPMS is a must have.

Next question for anyone that might know, I have the 2017 sensors still in the tires, you think they will work with the 2022? I believe that the 22 has temperature and pressure, probably will need to change these too.

2 hours ago, 35FordTudor said:

I’m tryin to add photos, upload issues? I’ll continue trying.

Not sure if you mean the file is too large, but if so, whatever computer you are on, you should be able to adjust the size of the photo to reduce it to the max MBs. 

Edited by Black Label
  • Like 1

Friend that had a neighbor that struggled with TPMS.  Dealer had the truck and trailer trying to diagnose it.  Dealer replaced the module, and then finally got Ford involved.  They opened up the trailer tires and found an issue with how the TPMS units were installed on the trailer wheels.  I also had a co-worker that couldn't get TPMS working on his new car wheels, and a Ford corporate mechanic had something that he said "activated" the wheel TPMS.  These are just a couple of things I heard, and can't provide any more detail.

I had my trailer TPMS installed, drove thirty miles home, and then went through setup, and it immediately latched on to each tire.

Here’s my update for the TPMS plug. Took the truck back to the dealership and they couldn’t take it in for 2 weeks. They mentioned that they might have to replace the whole harness. So I went back to my place and cut the zip ties and pulled the harness back to the rear. This gave me the extra 2 inches to make the connection. The actual TPMS pigtail was short to make the connection! My 17 truck wasn’t an issue and I’m installing this for my 05 Airstream, TPMS and the camera. 

Side note, when the dealership receives the box with the TPMS and camera, open it up immediately and check it in. My box was missing 2 parts. 

• 4 weeks later...