Making changes to an order

pilotpip

Generally, so long as the order banks are still open, you can make any change at any time up until it's scheduled for production.  Some changes do reset the order date, meaning you go to the back of the line.  After that, changes might still be possible, but they may also require the order to be rescheduled.  As noted, your dealer can give you a response tailored to your order and the changes you're looking to make.

Got it changed.  

I'm only using it to tow.  As much as I'd love to save on the diesel operating costs I just watched my father in law get 6-7mpg towing his travel trailer this past year with his 7.3L.  It's a great engine, but I'm going to be getting a toy hauler that weighs at least 4,000lbs more than what he pulls.  The 5th wheels I'm looking at will likely be close to max what the towing guide shows for the 7.3's capability.  

20 hours ago, pilotpip said:

Got it changed.  

I'm only using it to tow.  As much as I'd love to save on the diesel operating costs I just watched my father in law get 6-7mpg towing his travel trailer this past year with his 7.3L.  It's a great engine, but I'm going to be getting a toy hauler that weighs at least 4,000lbs more than what he pulls.  The 5th wheels I'm looking at will likely be close to max what the towing guide shows for the 7.3's capability.  

Are you still good on payload? The diesel usually takes a bite out of max capacity. 

Edited by le engineer

2 hours ago, le engineer said:

Are you still good on payload? The diesel usually takes a bite out of max capacity. 

I ordered a long bed, and I'm staying on the smaller end if I go 5th wheel toy hauler.  I'll usually have a Honda pioneer 700-4 in the back so there will be quite a bit of weight off the pin compared to when the garage is empty.  We also are used to a 25' bunk house with a Murphy bed so I pack light.  Also planning on ordering without a generator because I don't boondock.

Payload will be less, but there's a pretty big difference between gross combined, and max towing weight on the diesel and gas.  

• Like 1