Has Anyone Been Able To Convince Their Dealership To Compensate For Screwing Up Rollover Credit Eligibility?

They can:

(A) Offer considerably MORE for a trade-in.

(B) Sell less than MSRP.

(C) Lower or eliminate the "Administrative Fee" (aka additional dealer profit) which is $1,000 on top of $400 "filing fee".

I am still trying to work my issue down to the wires as my Maverick arrives this week!

BTW: I did a trade-in offer calculation ant the dealership's website, and it said mine is worth $3,700 HIGHER than they offered me! WTF???

Edited by Aufgeblassen

Shop around the trade-in to other dealers in the area as well as Carvana, CarMax, Vroom, etc.  Dealers are notorious for lowballing on trades.  And try to negotiate with them, but if they're already lowballing you, that won't help with the lost 22-23MY transition offer

1 hour ago, j2sys said:

Shop around the trade-in to other dealers in the area as well as Carvana, CarMax, Vroom, etc.  Dealers are notorious for lowballing on trades.  And try to negotiate with them, but if they're already lowballing you, that won't help with the lost 22-23MY transition offer

Oh, I have extensively.  Got quotes from about 8 different places. Over a year ago, the difference was $5K toward Carvana, but nearly 14 mos, later, the difference is a few hundred after considering tax advantage of trading in a dealer.  Not worth dilly dicking around with.

16 hours ago, Aufgeblassen said:

They can:

(A) Offer considerably MORE for a trade-in.

(B) Sell less than MSRP.

(C) Lower or eliminate the "Administrative Fee" (aka additional dealer profit) which is $1,000 on top of $400 "filing fee".

I am still trying to work my issue down to the wires as my Maverick arrives this week!

BTW: I did a trade-in offer calculation ant the dealership's website, and it said mine is worth $3,700 HIGHER than they offered me! WTF???

Good luck with that.

Carvana and Carmax are both in financial trouble and used car prices have been dropping for some time.....

• Like 1

WOW!!! Things are happening in rapid fire fashion!!! My head is spinning! I just got another call from yet someone else at Sunrise Ford who said he was working with Ford on me getting my $2750 private offer/rollover credit, and he was successful!!! I feel like I must be dreaming!   

• Like 1