Reconciliation process between website build and order preview

oldserverguy

I spent many hours on the Airstream forum and consulting with two of the boys about a F150 for towing.  Built a truck that except for a few controversial items, such as getting the 5.0L rather than the EcoBoost,  looks like a capable vehicle that's only about 6X the price of my first house.  Went to the dealer on Friday where the "guy" printed out the PDF of the build, then disappeared into a back area and reinput my entire build.  Was gone for a long time and then gave me a one page summary of the order.  It looks kinda like my build but I'm not really sure that he got everything and some of the $$$ and descriptions are different.  Either Ford should have a process where a dealer can just copy your order in or software that the customer can use to ensure there weren't any errors in the input process.

And it would be nice not to wait until the order is in and you're ready to leave to tell you there's a $899 dealer fee.

If you can’t clearly see the options listed to match what you requested walk away.

If the price doesn’t match or you don’t like the price walk away.  Did they actually give you a price or are you just assuming you’ll pay MSRP?

If they don’t disclose the dealer fee up front walk away.

You should get a buyers order showing the price you’ll pay not just some MSRP printout including tax, tag, title and all fees including the doc fee.

I got nothing except the order preview.  They are the local dealer but some Ford owners won't do business with them.  I might just visit with the owner in a few weeks.  Grandkids are coming today so not really able to do anything for over a week.  Pool time for the kiddos with the heater getting a workout.