23 Corsair GT Pedestrian Alert system

Has anyone found the "sounder" or speaker for the pedestrian alert system on a 2023 GT? If this sound were to stop, I was wondering what may have come disconnected or what fuse may have blown to cause this sound to go away. If anyone has any information regarding the location, a plug that might come loose, or a fuse that might blow, I would greatly appreciate the information.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2023 at 1:02 PM, ljnelson109 said:

Has anyone found the "sounder" or speaker for the pedestrian alert system on a 2023 GT? If this sound were to stop, I was wondering what may have come disconnected or what fuse may have blown to cause this sound to go away. If anyone has any information regarding the location, a plug that might come loose, or a fuse that might blow, I would greatly appreciate the information.

I'd schedule a visit to the dealership and take a service tech on a drive so they can hear it isn't functioning.  Otherwise, you could get the dreaded "couldn't duplicate".

This is a federally mandated safety feature so they will jump on it.

On 8/31/2023 at 1:02 PM, ljnelson109 said:

Hi ljnelson. I understand why you are asking here...However, I would reiterate RedHoncho's advice. Schedule a service appointment and let the issue be properly diagnosed and corrected under warranty.

You can certainly try to check fuses etc, but even if you find a blown fuse and replace it, the probable underlying issue which caused the blown fuse will still be there. 

So in my opinion, schedule a service appointment.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

You guys are missing the tongue in cheek humor here. The OP wants to eliminate that awful noise.

I would also like to muzzle it on my 2023 Escape PHEV. I was backing out of my driveway recently and a neighbor 5 houses down the street turned around to see where the annoying noise was coming from.

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1