$50K SRI is Not a Record

DavzinSoCal

The topic of the attached letter is SRI: Special Retirement Incentive and the last sentence states “additional special incentives may be offered”.

The current offer is $50,000 and you have to retire by the end of 2024. After that I bet they raise it potentially every year because $50K is Not a Record. Their slogan is Record Profits equal Record Contracts. Wishful thinking? Read the last sentence on pg. 73C and understand the language gives them the flexibility to offer More at any time during the entire length of this Collective Bargaining Agreement.

F06D6696-6503-469B-827E-477BC1E8FB27.png

Most white pages leave some form of an open end or future negotiations references on the subject or topic. 

As for record offering by no means is SRI an amount record but, with all the previous SRI`s times are different. The group I look at as the best off when they excepted their SRI was the150K (before taxes & liabilities) group and no Ford heath care insurance. Most that took this SRI had a spouse working for Ford also. Take your 150K and become an insurance dependent. Even those that took this SRI and had no spouse to be covered under they now are eligible for UAW VEBA so pretty much not a bad SRI. JMO

Me I`m good with the 50K. 

• Like 2

Yeah my dad took the $140K with no health insurance when Ford took away his janitor classification he had 42 years at the time. $150K would break that record and sure would be nice Lol! But “additional incentives” could just mean more of the same; like after 2024 those members who will reach 30 years credited service during 2025 may be offered $50K ( or anyone with 30+ ). The pattern has been take the SRI or wait til next contract but that last sentence sure sounds like there will be more offers. I’ll be at 40 years and $40 an hour in 2028 unless they make a better offer. Time will tell.

• 2 months later...