Tesla recalls 2M vehicles over Autopilot crash concerns — as tech linked to fatal Virginia wreck

silvrsvt

https://nypost.com/2023/12/13/business/tesla-recalls-2m-vehicles-over-autopilot-crash-concerns-as-tech-linked-to-fatal-virginia-wreck/

Tesla will recall more than two million vehicles, almost the entire fleet sold in the US, to fix a flaw in its “Autopilot” assisted-driving system – a move that came as Virginia officials found a car had the software enabled during a fatal crash last July.

The recall – reportedly the largest in Tesla’s history – emerged as part of a still-ongoing investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The probe, which began more than two years ago and included reviews of 956 crashes that allegedly involved Autopilot, determined that its existing safeguards “may not be sufficient to prevent driver misuse” of the software.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I like the separate lines of "2M vehicles - almost the entire fleet sold in the US," and "the recall, reportedly the largest in Tesla history".........uh if you're recalling the majority of what you've ever sold, yeah, I'd imagine it's the largest in Teslas history lol....

38 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I like the separate lines of "2M vehicles - almost the entire fleet sold in the US," and "the recall, reportedly the largest in Tesla history".........uh if you're recalling the majority of what you've ever sold, yeah, I'd imagine it's the largest in Teslas history lol....

Well I don't think editing of articles is any better then the so called reporting of the article...LOL