FARLEY SAYS FORD EVS WILL HAVE ‘HYBRID PREMIUM’ PRICING

silvrsvt

20 hours ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

I've done the numbers and for me the price of a new EV would have to come down to about $10K after rebates to match the costs of my IC cars. Battery replacement is a big issue- I keep my vehicles 20+ years while many EVs will be junk at half that due to the cost of battery replacement. No surprise that the fleets are agreeing with me- The costs of relying on Tesla's captive service operation would sour any fleet on EVs and the resale is a potential bankruptcy for a rental/leasing fleet.

As others have suggested, it seems like EVs aren't in your future, or at least, not your near future. That's ok, EVs aren't for everyone. But in the interest of trying to give sound advice, would you consider a hybrid instead? They offer noticable levels of fuel economy improvements, with virtually none of the long term reliability and maintenance concerns considering Ford hybrids have a reputable for lasting basically forever. The best of both worlds for someone in your position. 

I know you said you were worried about the maverick being too small, but I can assure you, unless you're hauling and towing heavy and very bulky items frequently, the maverick is more than capable enough in the utility department. I believe you said you own a 90s ranger. So the maverick, which is basically just a 90s ranger, but better in just about every way, might appeal to you if you could learn to live with the smaller bed. 

Beyond the maverick, Ford seems to have plans for tons of mild and plug in hybrids that will be coming to market over the next few years. I highly recommend giving those a fair chance whenever they arrive. I genuinely believe partially electrified products are the best option for someone like you, and are worthy of consideration. 

Edited by DeluxeStang