New Engine and Trans covered under warrenty

My engine is being replaced and is still under warranty. Last year, they replaced my transmission. I assume when they replace them, they're like the originals quality-wise. Is that correct? Or should I sell the car?

On 3/14/2024 at 10:09 AM, soxfansam said:

My engine is being replaced and is still under warranty. Last year, they replaced my transmission. I assume when they replace them, they're like the originals quality-wise. Is that correct? Or should I sell the car?

Hi soxfansam. What akirby stated.

Here is my opinion: Assume the best. And if you have any unfortunate issues after the work is performed, have the Dealership address the issues. If they can not be corrected to make you happy, then decide if you prefer selling it. Or if you are still within the Lemon Law stipulations of your particular state, take advantage of that.

There is also the BBB AutoLine Arbitration program, which is outlined in the Owners Warranty Guide you were given (if you purchased new). So you can also take advantage of that program, if you do not with to use the Lemon Law, or are outside of the Lemon Law regulations in your state.

Keep us updated and good luck.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:09 AM, soxfansam said:

I just had my engine and torque converter replaced under warranty last week too.   I came on here expecting to do a search to see if anyone had the same issue,  didn’t expect to see it on the top of the forum!

Why did they replace it ?   All they told me was it was a coolant leak but I didn’t get a detailed report.    I’m curious too if this makes me feel better or worse about the car in the long run.