2023 Navigator 'Buy Back' purchase?

Hello,

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2023 Navigator that was a 'Buy Back'.  The supposed problem was the 'Auto Start Stop' would intermittently not function.  I am told the remainder of the Factory Warranty is still valid plus there is an additional 12,000 mile/12 month warranty....which I assume is for the specific problem it was bought back for?

Can one assume the 'problem' has been remedied?  I am asking for I assume there are many of you who are more knowledgeable about these type of things than I am.

thanks

P.S. -> I see there is a 3rd party product that can eliminate the 'Start Stop' permanently....would this be an applicable item for this type of situation?

2 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

Def grab the extended warranty.  I don't think the auto start function would be a buy back.  There's probably something else wrong that they aren't telling you.

Exactly.  Auto stop start is intermittent anyway based on battery charge and other factors.  

Ask to see an Oasis report.  That will show all the service calls.

3 hours ago, NorthGeorgia said:

Thanks for the info.  Oasis Report? I definitely have never heard of that one.  thanks

It’s a dealer thing but they should be willing to share it with you in a case like this.  If they won’t show it to you - Run Away!!

Edited by akirby

I sure appreciate the helpful info.  I got the OASIS report.  The abbreviations are kinda confusing, but I think I got the gist of what was being reported.  "If" I interpreted the findings correctly the problems were identified and corrected.  Yes, unfortunately the owner had to do a repeat on it, but I guess to make the customer happy and not cause any negative reviews for the LUXURY Dealer they bought the vehicle back.  The dealer I am contemplating buying this car from is a very reputable Ford dealer and I guess sells 'buy backs' that they deem are quality vehicles.  I have attached the OASIS form I received.  If any of you better understand what they indicate I would appreciate your advice.

bray oasis.pdf

Ahh….nothing more than a doa battery and they forgot to reset the Battery Management System.   No worries at all.

Just FYI the term buy back implies Lincoln bought it back but it sounds like the customer just traded it in on something else which is completely different.  

Just additional info.  This vehicle was sold by the original dealer in an 'Auto Auction' after the buy back.....as I understand it.  The dealer here where the vehicle is now is in Georgia.  The vehicle was originally in Florida.  How that affects the 'Title' I am not sure.  It was explained to me the vehicle will NOT have a 'Branded' Title once titled in Georgia? 

I am still kinda on the fence.............