Deep Sleep Mode

I need help from fellow members. My 2020 reserve keeps sending me messages that the car has entered deep sleep mode and some features have been disabled like the remote keypad and Lincoln way and phone as key. The stealership had my car last week and charged it and tested the battery and said the battery is fine. Now less than a week later it’s back in deep sleep mode. I had read multiple posts over on the Explorer forum about a similar problem and in one case had to have 5 battery tests from the stealership to determine the battery was at fault. Help! I’m Getting frustrated!  When I put a voltmeter across the terminals it shows 11.95 volts. That does not seem right, granted it’s under a load. The car is still under bumper to bumper warranty for another 3 months and I figure based on the date of manufacture the battery is probably 4 1/2 years old. 

Edited by Flyboy777
Grammatical errors

If you do replace the battery yourself, there is a Battery Management system (BMS) that needs to be reset.  That way the vehicle knows you have a new battery and treats the charging differently than an old battery.

• ice-capades changed the title to Deep Sleep Mode

My 2018 Navigator Black Label went through a battery every two years … my dealer replaced it each time under warranty. (I now have a 2024 Nautilus Black Label Hybrid).