Ford loses $5.8B in 3Q

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with GM issueing there results today it shows that you can really make a huge turn around with agressive cost cutting in a short amount of time. What Ford needs to do is cut costs whileintroducing better quality in there products.

Going back to cars...what else do you want Ford to do?

I'm glad you asked.

First, I want the Focus to be more like, if not just like, the European version. The one we have here is pathetic. They should sell the Focus with the aggressive body style of the Euro version, the 18 inch wheels and the better interior. It's the # 1 selling car in Europe for a reason. They don't necessarily have to have the high output motors, although that should be an option. But a 2.3 putting out something in the 160 to 170 hp range should do just fine.

The Fusion is a good car, though personally I don't care for the front end. From there back I think it's nice. The interior is respectable, the AWD feature will be nice. But that front end is pretty polarizing, sort of a love it or hate it look. Again, I think a slightly Euro look on the front end of the Fusion would help it immensely. Additionally I think they should offer some better rims on the car. Make 18' sport rims standard, they could do it pretty cheaply given that they buy in bulk and it would greatly enhance the look of the car. See offerings from VW and the Aura to see what I mean.

The 500? What can I say, it needs a body redesign from the ground up. The look of the car invokes narcoleptic sessions. It needs a serious body redesign. There's some Lexus and Acura stuff that I really love, the Mazda 6 is bad ass. Take some cues from these, and get rid of the geriatric look, it didn't work. The 3.0 V6 is underpowered, keep it as a base offering and start putting the 3.5 in there pronto. AWD is a plus again, but I don't think its going to be such a draw as Ford thinks. Nice, but meh, you know?

Now, the overall. All of these cars should offer the manumatic transmission, nothing below a 5 speed auto and of course the venerable 6 speed on the 500. Finally, ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!! This is where Japanese cars just kill us man. Go over the interiors with a fine tooth comb and pay attention to places where you can add little details that enhance the interior. Dodge finally figured this out with the Calibur. Drink bins, removable cargo lamps, speakers that can be moved. Ford needs to look at places to put little niches for holding things, lighted glove box, lighted storage bins, just little details that enhance the interior. They suck at this and it's part of the appeal of the Camry and Accord. I mean they aren't the worst either, the interior of the new Impala, I took a look at it the other day and I was thinking "Gees you guys haven't learned a thing."

So there it is, you asked.