No Bright Lights

We have a 2024 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve that is a great car except for the lighting of the instrument display. We are in Florida and the flat dashboard in front of the instrument display projects glare and makes it almost impossible to see the instrument display in the bright sunlight. We have inquired of the dealer regarding additional brightness of the display readouts but negative. The other gripe is the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel aren't marked and if one can't see the dash readouts you are lost as to setting cruise speed, at least for a while. The manual indicates there are markings but ours does not exhibit such. I just wish they had included head up display as on my Navigator. 

• ice-capades changed the title to No Bright Lights
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2024 at 12:03 PM, RedRooster said:

We have a 2024 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve that is a great car except for the lighting of the instrument display. We are in Florida and the flat dashboard in front of the instrument display projects glare and makes it almost impossible to see the instrument display in the bright sunlight. We have inquired of the dealer regarding additional brightness of the display readouts but negative. The other gripe is the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel aren't marked and if one can't see the dash readouts you are lost as to setting cruise speed, at least for a while. The manual indicates there are markings but ours does not exhibit such. I just wish they had included head up display as on my Navigator. 

If you are talking about the glare reflection of the dashboard on the windshield in bright sunlight, polarized sunglasses eliminate that, while your instrument display should still be clearly readable. Our eyes attenuate to the brightest light in the field of view. Polarized sunglasses cancel out the effects of glare, virtually eliminating the source of brightness and thus improving the readability of the instrumentation. I'm not familiar with the '24 Nautilus' steering wheel, but the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel of my Ranger are all labelled and backlit at night. It seems odd that the Nautilus' would be blank.

• Like 1