Mercedes workers at Alabama plant turn down UAW

Posted (edited)

Where are all the headlines about this? We certainly got force fed the news when the VW plant voted for UAW representation. The dearth of coverage of this UAW/Shawn Fain failure might lead one to conclude that the 'media' have a particular leaning about this topic.

Workers at a Mercedes-Benz assembly plant in Alabama voted against joining the UAW, a high-profile defeat for the union that, at least temporarily, halts the momentum of a $40 million organizing drive across the South.

According to the National Labor Relations Board, 56 percent of the 4,687 votes cast in the five-day election that ended Friday were against joining the union. The NLRB must still certify the results.

UAW President Shawn Fain said the loss “stings”.

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/mercedes-workers-alabama-vote-against-joining-uaw?utm_source=breaking-news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20240517&utm_content=hero-headline#/

Edited by Harley Lover
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, twintornados said:

All ya gotta do is look for it.....

image.png.707e1587eb677dfc81f860f227e4bc16.png

that’s funny, because I didn’t have to look for the headline in any of my feeds when it was pro union.  This is the first time I’ve seen this one.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tbone said:

that’s funny, because I didn’t have to look for the headline in any of my feeds when it was pro union.  This is the first time I’ve seen this one.  

So, you only read stories that are spoon fed to you?