Hobson's Choice

How do you want this forum run?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one of these two options

• Moderator's penalty box post at the top of the forum
    • Members will adhere to the code of conduct below

Navy, enlisted, started out as an electronics, then computers. If a person was to sign up in these fields for six years, you got E-4 automatically. I wasn't into commitment so I didn't get the free E-4. When I was an E-2 and E-3, I didn't do much electronics. I was too busy cleanin the head on the ship and working in the galley.

Did a cruise in 89 and another in 92.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Navy, enlisted, started out as an electronics, then computers. If a person was to sign up in these fields for six years, you got E-4 automatically. I wasn't into commitment so I didn't get the free E-4. When I was an E-2 and E-3, I didn't do much electronics. I was too busy cleanin the head on the ship and working in the galley.

Did a cruise in 89 and another in 92.

Was enlisted myself. Deployed with 1st Cav out of Fort Hood. On the ground, in the dirt (sand). Back in those days we didn't have the luxury of taking over buildings that had AC and toilets. We lived in tents in the middle of nowhere. You were lucky if you had wood floors in them. But I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. You get back to the world and try to explain it to people who've never served, they just gloss over, they don't understand it. You just have to live it. I remember the Missouri fired the opening shots of the war, 16 inchers. We knew it was about to start so we sat around that night to listen. You can't even imagine what that impact is like. Words can not properly describe it.

I'd prefer this sort of thing face to face...the internet gives too many pansies the power to babble behind anonymity.

Some people that insist on lying or ignoring obvious truths apparently need something harsher than to look stupid online...because they don't learn.

Most of us, yeah...a few cold Sam Adams and the right environment would be sweet. A few trolls and/or idiots, though...they'd likely end up swallowing teeth.

Which is also fine.

I'd prefer this sort of thing face to face...the internet gives too many pansies the power to babble behind anonymity.

Some people that insist on lying or ignoring obvious truths apparently need something harsher than to look stupid online...because they don't learn.

Most of us, yeah...a few cold Sam Adams and the right environment would be sweet. A few trolls and/or idiots, though...they'd likely end up swallowing teeth.

Which is also fine.

I don't start fights. I don't mind ending them, but I have never started one.