Inside trunk release on Mustangs

Chiefdawg98

Is there any particular reason why Mustangs do not have a trunk release button inside the car? The only ways u can open the trunk is to use the key fob or use the lock with ur key. I am a detailer for a Ford dealership and when we deliver a new Mustang, that is a minor gripe, because on previous Stangs, the trunk release button was in the glove box. I do not own a Mustang, but I do own a Ford product. Me along with my co-workers that i work with were used to just opening the trunk using the button inside the glove box, now we have to use the above mentioned methods. Can Ford come with any reason as to why this exists?

Edited by RangerCrazy

Ford is decontenting all of their models.

Case in point I have a 2004 F150, XLT trim. It has far less luxury items than the 98 XLT I had before it. Little things like the interior lights in the footwells and on the doors.

How about getting locks on glove boxes? Don't see that anymore. Floor mats are super thin and super cheap. The prices keep going up and the content keeps going down.

At some point, even the most loyal Ford buyers will wake up and start to consider another brand,

Ford is decontenting all of their models.

Case in point I have a 2004 F150, XLT trim. It has far less luxury items than the 98 XLT I had before it. Little things like the interior lights in the footwells and on the doors.

How about getting locks on glove boxes? Don't see that anymore. Floor mats are super thin and super cheap. The prices keep going up and the content keeps going down.

At some point, even the most loyal Ford buyers will wake up and start to consider another brand,

I know these features disapear as cost cutting. But that is what makes the American cars great its the little things. I can remember when we would first look at the imports we would comment on how they cheapened them. They then learned how to Americanize them and they are selling as we learn how to cheapen them and lose sales.

Its ashame they have to do that, but if they got to do it, so be it.

I noticed the delete immediately after trading my Focus ST, which had a huge trunk release button on the dash. (Obviously, the release on pre-Focus 01 Bullitt was in the glove box.)

Then, I read where local thieves were watching runners/exercisers putting their running bags & valuables in the trunk. Thieves would break the glass, hit the button, off with the purse, wallet, backpack, etc.

Don't mind the extra step to get to the trunk at all!!

While I'm sure cost was a factor, perhaps security of the vehicle have been considered.

I don't think it's security - I think it's cheap.

I have owned many Mustangs (see my signature) and '89 on up all had hatch/trunk releases in the glove box.

Why not in my 2005?

The wiring is there. I just bought a switch from a Ford dealer for an SN95 that I intend to install in my glove box just like my older 'Stangs - that switch FROM A DEALER sold to me AT RETAIL cost $10.

Spare me the crap about saving $1 per car adds up to xxx $millions saved - like someone else here said, it's the little things that matter. On my '89 (may she rest in peace) I still remember and value the lighted vanity mirrors, and the seats in that car were the best I have ever seen in a production car. If I had that car today I'd rip the seats out of the '89 and place them in my '05 - they were that good.

Decontenting sucks. DON'T DO IT!