Michigan Truck--layoffs

flint

Wondering if the're are openings' at other plants for the 700 people getting laid off? What has your local been telling ya'll? :drop:

Why are you asking questions like this already,when the annoucement was just made. :shrug:

And why do you say the whole 700,do you think people aren't going to take the buyout? :speedie:

There is lot of things that can happen in between now and the 2nd quarter,just relax and go to work.

When the time comes the'll annouce it.

Low senority should really take a solid look at buyouts, with the ACH plants flowback starting at the beginning of the year there won't be many options to transfer.

Also Norfolk being able sometime in the future to follow there product(f-150)back to the rogue facilities,doesn't leave much for options.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Why are you asking questions like this already,when the annoucement was just made. :shrug:

And why do you say the whole 700,do you think people aren't going to take the buyout? :speedie:

There is lot of things that can happen in between now and the 2nd quarter,just relax and go to work.

When the time comes the'll annouce it.

Low senority should really take a solid look at buyouts, with the ACH plants flowback starting at the beginning of the year there won't be many options to transfer.

Also Norfolk being able sometime in the future to follow there product(f-150)back to the rogue facilities,doesn't leave much for options.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

They bump lower seniority employees out of a job at wayne assembly. It is in the local agreement of the local 900. Some trades and production will be out of a job next year.

B)-->

QUOTE(plan b @ Nov 10 2006, 10:49 AM) 110431[/snapback]

They bump lower seniority employees out of a job at wayne assembly. It is in the local agreement of the local 900. Some trades and production will be out of a job next year.

Plan B, I can't believe that at all. These people will only come to your plant if there are OPENINGS, due to retirement, attrition and/or flowback. They just cannot come in and take exsisting jobs away.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(plan b @ Nov 10 2006, 10:49 AM) 110431[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Plan B, I can't believe that at all. These people will only come to your plant if there are OPENINGS, due to retirement, attrition and/or flowback. They just cannot come in and take exsisting jobs away.

up there, they can. part of their local agreement.

Up here the Local 900 does what ever it has to to protect it's family members only.....The rest of the dues paying members can take a flying fuck.............Only the duch bags and, loseres are protected from the rath of FORD>>>>>>>>>>> :stirpot:

We have more southern hillbilly's here than you probably got in the south!

Edited by Stir the Pot !

Up here the Local 900 does what ever it has to to protect it's family members only.....The rest of the dues paying members can take a flying fuck.............Only the duch bags and, loseres are protected from the rath of FORD>>>>>>>>>>> :stirpot:

We have more southern hillbilly's here than you probably got in the south!

Same shit at NAP!!! If you a worthless piece of shit, a low life crack head, a drunk or druggie, certain gender or race, Union buddy or family, or just plain ass don't want to work, well then you have NOTHING to worry about. If you come to work everyday, never late, and do your job, then you are TOTALLY ON YOUR OWN!!!

Same shit at NAP!!! If you a worthless piece of shit, a low life crack head, a drunk or druggie, certain gender or race, Union buddy or family, or just plain ass don't want to work, well then you have NOTHING to worry about. If you come to work everyday, never late, and do your job, then you are TOTALLY ON YOUR OWN!!!

Some of the above mentioned people are beginning to shit their pants at TCAP. Closing is hard on everybody but the real fuck ups are losing it. The only thing I don't agree with on your post is the gender and race thing, being a fuck-up, lazy bastard, UAW or Ford Management sausage magician or a druggie is totally equal opportunity :hyper:

I really doubt there will be a whole lot of jobs for NAPpers at the Rouge truck plant. A lot of people are ready to flowback some where and if the truck plant has jobs then those peeps will flow. You have Wixom, Maumee ACH, Ypsi ect. Just letting you know there wont be much left after the new year.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(plan b @ Nov 10 2006, 10:49 AM) 110431[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Local 900, MTP, WAP, and ISA, have an agreement whereby higher seniority CAN bump lower seniority in the other plant. This is what will happen when MTP loses the shift.

Local 900, MTP, WAP, and ISA, have an agreement whereby higher seniority CAN bump lower seniority in the other plant. This is what will happen when MTP loses the shift.

5-10-15yr. agreement 5 or more years seniority bumps less than 5 and so on. The way it looks right now it will only affect less than 10 yr workers at WAP right now. Hopefully local 900 will cut a deal to allow a good chunk of the affected to go to DTP , after all we did take in a lot of others when we needed 3 crews and we did build F-150's before we gave it up to build Ford the Expedition cash cows. We made Ford more money than any other plant in it's history. Maybe we can get a little back now. MTP will probally be one of Fords Flex plants in the future but right now they figure it is a good time to clean house . Who knows maybe they will put out a commercial someday to let all the giant SUV buyers know that we have vehicle that has actually beaten the competition in reviews and then we might get the extra sales we need to keep two shifts. Right now the forecast is 125,000 they say we need 160,000 . That means that they figure 80,000 per shift on 40 hours would be acceptable. 125,000 is hardly reachable let alone any small increase. 10 to 15 thousand dollar per truck profit. Do the math and see if it is better to pay OT to just get what they can get on one shift . 350 units on 8 hrs has been the average. Not to mention the logistic cost to axe a shift and then bring one back when they bring in products that our union says they are working on getting. I just think that it is a strange coincidence that the announcement was made during the buyout option window . Two mondern operating agreements were turned done in the past, maybe this is what Ford figures is the only way to wake us up. :shrug:

Edited by sez

Here at Woodhaven, we had a town hall meeting yesterday, and the plant manager said they must cut an additional 325 heads. If they don't get enough buyouts, then they will have an ILO. With people on ILO, there won't be any flowback into Woodhaven. I'm sure other plants were told the same thing. So far, only about 90 people have signed up for a buyout.

I really doubt there will be a whole lot of jobs for NAPpers at the Rouge truck plant. A lot of people are ready to flowback some where and if the truck plant has jobs then those peeps will flow. You have Wixom, Maumee ACH, Ypsi ect. Just letting you know there wont be much left after the new year.

Well the NAPpers get transfer of operations so they get first dibs. Don't worry, they will be coming up in January to replace our buyout people and the third shift won't start until June.

How many buyouts at MTP? WAP? ISA? add these together and subtract from the total # of people on afternoons and you have an idea of how many people will probable be coming to DTP.

How many people left at Wixom? How many with buyouts? This too will tell you how many will probable be coming to DTP.

As for ACH, unfortunatly they will be the last ones to transfer into a plant. Sorry pioneer although I could "knock off" a bunch of electricians for ya (that is your trade right? I'd hate to get rid of the wrong people).

Edited by DearbornDerek

Listen Wild Man, catch up to the rest of the blue oval world...there is a Transfer of Ops deal going on with NAP, so wether you like it or not, michigan will be up to its armpits with carolina rednecks in plaid flanel button downs. Wake Up Freak, uh err...butthead. On a more serious note, props to dearborn derek for playing the straight shooter and disseminating information that is on the up and up, and legitimately helpful.

5-10-15yr. agreement 5 or more years seniority bumps less than 5 and so on. The way it looks right now it will only affect less than 10 yr workers at WAP right now. Hopefully local 900 will cut a deal to allow a good chunk of the affected to go to DTP , after all we did take in a lot of others when we needed 3 crews and we did build F-150's before we gave it up to build Ford the Expedition cash cows. We made Ford more money than any other plant in it's history. Maybe we can get a little back now. MTP will probally be one of Fords Flex plants in the future but right now they figure it is a good time to clean house . Who knows maybe they will put out a commercial someday to let all the giant SUV buyers know that we have vehicle that has actually beaten the competition in reviews and then we might get the extra sales we need to keep two shifts. Right now the forecast is 125,000 they say we need 160,000 . That means that they figure 80,000 per shift on 40 hours would be acceptable. 125,000 is hardly reachable let alone any small increase. 10 to 15 thousand dollar per truck profit. Do the math and see if it is better to pay OT to just get what they can get on one shift . 350 units on 8 hrs has been the average. Not to mention the logistic cost to axe a shift and then bring one back when they bring in products that our union says they are working on getting. I just think that it is a strange coincidence that the announcement was made during the buyout option window . Two mondern operating agreements were turned done in the past, maybe this is what Ford figures is the only way to wake us up. :shrug:
last time I looked at the local agreement we were under a competitive business agreement same as a COA / CBA all are the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

last time I looked at the local agreement we were under a competitive business agreement same as a COA / CBA all are the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

My commitee person told me that the agreement that was pushed through in the past was a watered down version of what Ford really wanted. Attendence rule changes are going to be coming to a vote too. The game player losers better take the buyout because they will be out of a job if they can't grow up and show up.

Same thing here at OHIO ASSEMBLY PLANT in AVON LAKE,OHIO.The union (LOCAL 2000)just got back a bunch of LOSERS who were all caught on the plant property with ILLEGAL NARCOTICS.The CHAIRMAN of this local,NICK GALLOGLY,also had a relative that got caught.They were all out for about a month and a half.Well in order to get his relative back in he had to get ALL of the DRUG ADDICTS back in also.How do you like that?Real people who come to work everyday can't even get a grievance written by his suckass union stormtroopers and here this HILLBILLY GALLOGLY is playing with all of our lives by getting back these people!As I have posted elsewhere on this site,if there are any COKEHEADS and PILLPOPPERS who work at any other FORD plant and want to transfer to OHIO ASSEMBLY,please do.LOCAL 2000 will do what ever it takes to make sure that you DO NOT LOSE YOUR JOB at the expense of the REAL MEN and WOMEN of this plant.LONG LIVE DRUG FREE UNION MEMBERS!

Same thing here at OHIO ASSEMBLY PLANT in AVON LAKE,OHIO.The union (LOCAL 2000)just got back a bunch of LOSERS who were all caught on the plant property with ILLEGAL NARCOTICS.The CHAIRMAN of this local,NICK GALLOGLY,also had a relative that got caught.They were all out for about a month and a half.Well in order to get his relative back in he had to get ALL of the DRUG ADDICTS back in also.How do you like that?Real people who come to work everyday can't even get a grievance written by his suckass union stormtroopers and here this HILLBILLY GALLOGLY is playing with all of our lives by getting back these people!As I have posted elsewhere on this site,if there are any COKEHEADS and PILLPOPPERS who work at any other FORD plant and want to transfer to OHIO ASSEMBLY,please do.LOCAL 2000 will do what ever it takes to make sure that you DO NOT LOSE YOUR JOB at the expense of the REAL MEN and WOMEN of this plant.LONG LIVE DRUG FREE UNION MEMBERS!

Well, I'm drinking some wine, and I took some ibuprofen a few hours ago..can I transfer to OHAP?

Was there any word about how many workers will be staying?

Nolen said that the union was meeting with the big shots this Tuesday to discuss details. We should hear some news this week.

He did say that the COA the company is seeking will no longer include 4 10 hour days (I wonder why?):rolleyes:

The attendance policy will change, and he talked about how they were going to let the company fire people who abuse the system (I'll believe it when I see it). No mention on outsourcing jobs like they are doing at DTP.

The union is trying to let people survey to choose when their buyout starts. Nolen said right now people will go as early as Jan and as late as Sept.

I didn't stay very long because when they started bitching about attendance, that was my cue to leave. I've been hearing about that shit for my 12 years I've been with Ford, and nothing ever gets done.

So, this week we should hear more concrete info. Based on everything I've heard so far, I'm starting to think about the educational buyout.

Great post, so so true in all Ford plants...the deadbeats get taken care of and the people who show up everyday get zero representation.