NAP to DTP agreement Reached

NN52310

I know they said they need 20 - 25 electricians and around 10 millwrights. Not sure about any other trades. I haven't decided if I want to go or not. Does anybody know how I would be on the senority list as a millwright with 11 years?

I hope things work out for you as a millwright with the transfer. Make sure you check out that needing 10 millwrights at Dtp. They have 30 or so in gen and that 10 may be what they need for the extra shift, but they come out of gen first.

I hope things work out for you as a millwright with the transfer. Make sure you check out that needing 10 millwrights at Dtp. They have 30 or so in gen and that 10 may be what they need for the extra shift, but they come out of gen first.

Maybe, maybe not. If you have more seniority than someone currently in GEN, then you will get the job first.

Thats BULL hey BOB D you will be okay if you go to Michigan. Don't listen to these guys. They are not very happy that we are taking jobs away from them before they get a chance to get in to DTP.

I was told at the plant they have 11 in gen. I saw the list that showed how many in each trade that is in gen. If the list is correct, I don't know. That is why I'd like to know what the senority list looks like before I make up my mind.

You will be OK. They wouldn't offer the spots if they didn't have immediate placement. Plus I'm gonna need some friends. :tequila:

Thats BULL hey BOB D you will be okay if you go to Michigan. Don't listen to these guys. They are not very happy that we are taking jobs away from them before they get a chance to get in to DTP.

Please don't listen to me.I'm just saying check it out first.Just because you can sign up for a transfer doesn't mean you transfer.Ask the flow back people stuck at ach plants.I have been in gen for twoy ears and I tell you they will change the rules as they see fit. These are life changing choice's get all the facts first.I don't know the seniorty of the people in gen at dtp. Good luck and if you make it Welcome to Michigan. Hope to work with you some day :hyper:

Please don't listen to me.I'm just saying check it out first.Just because you can sign up for a transfer doesn't mean you transfer.Ask the flow back people stuck at ach plants.I have been in gen for twoy ears and I tell you they will change the rules as they see fit. These are life changing choice's get all the facts first.I don't know the seniorty of the people in gen at dtp. Good luck and if you make it Welcome to Michigan. Hope to work with you some day :hyper:

I'm up for input from everyone. I don't want to move to be laid off.

Oh God! is it getting that bad. Thats what happened at NAP. Our area historically has always been full of Toyotas and hondas.

Our so called UAW members want union benifits, union wages, and advertise nou UAW or big 3 autos. They will tell you, " Well it's my money " and then get mad when Ford, Chrysler, or GM close a plant. I think it needs to start at the top of the union as well as the top of the company. We need to buy the products we build. Our companies need to engineer quality into each and every vechicle, increase the bumper to bumper warranty to 50,000 miles, and the powertrain warranty to 100,000 miles.If Ford stood behind its' products, we would not be in the position we are in.

Ford knew the transmissions in the 2000 thru 2004 Tauruses were not up to par. Yet they sold them and customers had to replace them before 60,000 miles. I have had great sucess with my Fords but I know of more than a few bad situations for friend or family.The custmer is right almost all the time. Please the customer and he or she will tell 5 friends. Treat them wrong and they will tell everyone the come in contact with.

No One knows what the future will bring. Some experts in the financial area don't think Fords will be able to stay in business. Look at the Chinese, I saw a newscast where the chinese live in dorms at the car factory. How can we compete against that?Union Pacific railroad is doing a lot of hiring. A option for some might be, take the four year educational buyout. Try to get a JoB with U.P. or another company. Go to school, get half your wages from Ford's and retrain at the same time.

None of the options that we have are easy choices. I know that I do not want to move from state to state as management plays one plant against another. Move to Michigan one year and then move to Ohio another, this does not seem like a good future for any of us.

I hear ya, I decided that I would rather be 43, unemployed and in Minneapolis than 48 unemployed and in Michigan. Nothing against Michigan,I have cousins whose family worked in Flint for GM for generations but our economy is better and even if Ford survives I dont want that COA shoved up my ass. I feel this COA is just the start, where it ends I dont know but I don't want to be a part of it.

On a different note we have someone restoring old photos of the plant and also making a DVD. It will be done and given to us before we all leave this Christmas. Is any other plant doing this?

Edited by pant load

I was told at the plant they have 11 in gen. I saw the list that showed how many in each trade that is in gen. If the list is correct, I don't know. That is why I'd like to know what the senority list looks like before I make up my mind.

NAPBOB,

There are no Millwrights in DTP GEN. The Maintenance and Construction Unit of local 600 represents all Millwrights in the Rouge which includes DTP, DDMP,DTD, DEFTP, DSP, Construction Services, Power, WHQ Central Labs and Glass Tech. The Millrights are on 1 seniority list for all these facilities. This is called Rouge plantwide unit. You do not go directly to DTP. You go to the ROUGE Center then you are placed in any of these buildings. There are about 22 Millwrights currently in GEN in the M&C Unit. It sounds like nobody knows for sure on this thread if you are coming while people are in GEN or waiting until there are truly vacancies availble after buyouts and the M&C trades are all placed. Currently no Electricians in GEN.

NAPBOB,

There are no Millwrights in DTP GEN. The Maintenance and Construction Unit of local 600 represents all Millwrights in the Rouge which includes DTP, DDMP,DTD, DEFTP, DSP, Construction Services, Power, WHQ Central Labs and Glass Tech. The Millrights are on 1 seniority list for all these facilities. This is called Rouge plantwide unit. You do not go directly to DTP. You go to the ROUGE Center then you are placed in any of these buildings. There are about 22 Millwrights currently in GEN in the M&C Unit. It sounds like nobody knows for sure on this thread if you are coming while people are in GEN or waiting until there are truly vacancies availble after buyouts and the M&C trades are all placed. Currently no Electricians in GEN.

Welders are in GEN from Rouge area also. Numbers I'm not sure.